• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

nc 700 stops suv from rolling over

HONDABIKEPRO

Supporting Vendor
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well today coming out of the mountains is capitol forest came across a suv half way over the edge of the road. The people driving it were out of the suv and pulling down on the doors to stop it from rolling over on its side into the ditch. I pulled up on the edge of the road across from the suv, i ran a 50 foot line to a big tree, and hooked up my winch, to the suv and the line, i then started my nc and plugged the winch in. I was able to pull the suv back over and on two wheels and hold it there. At that time the suv was safe. We were able to chain it up to a Toyota pick up, between me pulling the suv sideways and the Toyota pulling we were able to get the suv back on all four wheels. Like most people they had never seen a bike with a winch. When i came up on them they asked me to help hold the suv, so it would not turn over, and looked a t me like i was crazy, when i said i can pull you back over with my bike. It was a interesting day.
I will post some pics tomorrow, at home i cant get photo bucket to work.Dale

i wish i could have got pic when i first came up on them, but i needed to get a line on them, so it would not roll over into the ditch. Both driver side wheels were off the ground about three feet. The pavement gave way under the passenger side tires. I had to move the bike twice as the toyota pickup was pulling forward. Dale

Last edited:
You need to send that story to Rider Magazine and Honda! WTG for saving the day!

Agree, plus American Motorcyclist Magazine. They're always looking to improve the image of riders. That' s a great story and good for you being able to help and actually getting involved.

Wow, I see the pictures and can still hardly believe it. I wouldn't think the NC would be heavy enough to get a grip, but there's probably some physics there that I am ignorant of! Good job!

Back