• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC Camping Tonight (pictures before/after)

I think it was FR20. Just north of the park entrance about 5 miles. You should be able to find it on Google Maps.

Edit - FR22

Last edited:
Strat tuner I plan on hitting the north rim this summer. Where did you camp?

If I did my search correctly, it's 1/4 mile on FR22 (Fire Road 22). Here are the coordinates... I can see the fire ring we used from the satellite photo.
[LINK]
GPS: 36.402227, -112.136294
as you go into the park, turn right on F22, go just into the woods and find the "driveway" on the right. Mrs. StratTuner and I made it back to that same sight in a Honda Fit.

Highway 67 is the main, paved, road everyone takes to the main entrance of the north rim park. You will pass many fire roads, dirt, as you go... I note that almost all of them have camping sites once the fire roads go into the woods... that way, the camping sites are hidden from sight along the main road.

Last edited:
thanks of the info...I saw that there was a campground there someplace. Good to know there are lots of alternatives

"As you go into the park"
It's actually before you go into the park. It costs $25 to get in the park (thanks again Don!) I like to camp for free. $25 - something I'm not used to. In my neck of the woods, it's around $8-10 . Admittedly,our parks are nothing like what's out west, though.

Back