• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Honda NC750X owner here

InfernoST

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All
Looking forward to interacting with the community and learning more about my ride. I just traded in my beloved 2012 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive which I had from new for a new leftover 2020 NC750X yesterday, unfortunately it was a rainy day crappy day and I was admittedly quite nervous 1 about the purchase and even more so because I hadn't ridden a clutch in many years and now had to do it in the rain on a brand new bike. I had a friend follow me home in his car and we got her home in one piece, I have to say what a blast it was being on a proper motorcycle again I can't wait until tomorrow so I can taker for a ride. Here are a couple of pics.

20210529_084401.jpg20210529_084816.jpgResized_20210529_111910.jpegResized_20210529_111941.jpeg

Welcome, first thing you need is some proper foot gear. I know you will enjoy it, I am really enjoying my NC750X.
I know, I had my head up my arse that morning I was cleaning my Burgman 650 in the rain and trying to get everything together for it so i could trade it in. I forgot to change my shoes. LOL. My only ride on it was the wet ride home but from that ride I like the way the bike handles now I have to retrain myself because I havent had a clutch machine for about 20 years and am so use to the twist and go.

You’re going to love it. Low center of gravity makes curvy roads so much fun and the under square engine feels almost like a diesel. Welcome!

Welcome to the club.

Once you get some good rubber on your wheels you'll forget you were nervous in the rain. My preference is Michelin Road 5s. In addition to having great longevity, they have phenomenal wet and dry grip.

Well you posted yesterday, it was raining, so I'm guessing you didn't get out and do 1000 miles by now. That said, I'm hoping you had a good ride home, even if in the rain and even if a bit unsure of yourself. As a longtime fan of of scooters, when we bought our first NC700x (2016) both my wife and I took a real motorcycle safety class as a refresher course. We now own that '16 and a '18 NC750x. You may want to take a refresher class, I know it helped me and my wife.

I often ride in the rain, but I do recommend you buy a pair of proper motorcycle boots. Good moto specific boots have protectors in the ankles to disperse crush injuries if you happen to drop the bike your ankle, they also may have protection in the sole to help prevent crush injuries to the foot. Of course there should be pretty solid protection for both heels and toes too. Moto footwear has come a long way in the past 10 years and there are now semi-protective moto shoes and sneakers in addition to seriously protective shoes.

Enjoy and please keep us informed of your adventures!

Guys thank you all for the warm welcome and wishes, looking forward to this next chapter of my life with the NC.
Well you posted yesterday, it was raining, so I'm guessing you didn't get out and do 1000 miles by now. That said, I'm hoping you had a good ride home, even if in the rain and even if a bit unsure of yourself. As a longtime fan of of scooters, when we bought our first NC700x (2016) both my wife and I took a real motorcycle safety class as a refresher course. We now own that '16 and a '18 NC750x. You may want to take a refresher class, I know it helped me and my wife.

I often ride in the rain, but I do recommend you buy a pair of proper motorcycle boots. Good moto specific boots have protectors in the ankles to disperse crush injuries if you happen to drop the bike your ankle, they also may have protection in the sole to help prevent crush injuries to the foot. Of course there should be pretty solid protection for both heels and toes too. Moto footwear has come a long way in the past 10 years and there are now semi-protective moto shoes and sneakers in addition to seriously protective shoes.

Enjoy and please keep us informed of your adventures!
Thanks for the advice, that definitely sounds like a great idea to get a refresher course I think I'm going to do that. Question on the riding boots you described, how much more protection will they provide over my Red Wing work boots (This is what I have been using for many years)?

So far I have ordered the service manual and center stand and in a few weeks order the Givi crash bars, radiator protector (Surprised Honda didn't provide more protection) and I'm on the fence about the fender extender. I do have my 1st upgrade that I'm going to install today (I always have extras, when I get down to 2 left I buy another 2 packages).20210531_084829.jpg

... Question on the riding boots you described, how much more protection will they provide over my Red Wing work boots (This is what I have been using for many years)?
Work boots and hiking boots which are commonly worn by many riders, have zero protection over the ankle bones other than some comfort padding, but nothing that is designed to "disperse" a crush, some of the new moto-specific ankle protectors are very soft and actually turn into harder material when shock/impact is induced.

Workboots may have crush protection for the toes, most hiking boots have essentially no crush protection for the toes other than a thin plastic piece to retain the shape of the boot.

Workboots and hiking boots typically have zero protection for the heel.

I did a search for protective "everyday" boots over the past 2 months. What I found was a heavy boot but it may not be suitable for others. You may want to look up the thread. In my case I wanted to upgrade from a lighter moto boot to a heavier moto boot. But you may actually be served by going from a workbook to a light moto boot. You'd pick up a bit of crush protection for your ankles, you'd pick up protection for your heel. Toe protection may, depending upon what you are currently wearing, may be improved? The sole of the moto-boot may also offer some crush protection for your foot that may be better than what you get with the Redwing, but that varies. And, depending upon the moto boot you choose, you may also pick up some shin protection in the form of heavy padding or even a hard TPU plate. I'm not going to push anyone toward MY CHOICE of boot as it was actually the most protective boot I could find that still I still chose to qualify as a daily wear boot. But I posted up a whole bunch of different boots, all of which would be more protective than a typical Red Wing boot for a lot of reasons.

And for what its worth, I love my Red Wing kangaroo leather boots, I just don't wear them on my bike.

Below is the link to my boot thread. There are many other threads by many people. There are threads where there are deep dives into safety. In my thread I list my "non-negotiable" points that I was looking for in a new boot. Bear in mind I already had a pair of moto boots, I just wanted more protection and similar comfort. My writing is pretty tedious and repetitive. Feel free to ignore.

https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/the-ultimate-daily-wear-protective-moto-boot.18712/

Work boots and hiking boots which are commonly worn by many riders, have zero protection over the ankle bones other than some comfort padding, but nothing that is designed to "disperse" a crush, some of the new moto-specific ankle protectors are very soft and actually turn into harder material when shock/impact is induced.

Workboots may have crush protection for the toes, most hiking boots have essentially no crush protection for the toes other than a thin plastic piece to retain the shape of the boot.

Workboots and hiking boots typically have zero protection for the heel.

I did a search for protective "everyday" boots over the past 2 months. What I found was a heavy boot but it may not be suitable for others. You may want to look up the thread. In my case I wanted to upgrade from a lighter moto boot to a heavier moto boot. But you may actually be served by going from a workbook to a light moto boot. You'd pick up a bit of crush protection for your ankles, you'd pick up protection for your heel. Toe protection may, depending upon what you are currently wearing, may be improved? The sole of the moto-boot may also offer some crush protection for your foot that may be better than what you get with the Redwing, but that varies. And, depending upon the moto boot you choose, you may also pick up some shin protection in the form of heavy padding or even a hard TPU plate. I'm not going to push anyone toward MY CHOICE of boot as it was actually the most protective boot I could find that still I still chose to qualify as a daily wear boot. But I posted up a whole bunch of different boots, all of which would be more protective than a typical Red Wing boot for a lot of reasons.

And for what its worth, I love my Red Wing kangaroo leather boots, I just don't wear them on my bike.

Below is the link to my boot thread. There are many other threads by many people. There are threads where there are deep dives into safety. In my thread I list my "non-negotiable" points that I was looking for in a new boot. Bear in mind I already had a pair of moto boots, I just wanted more protection and similar comfort. My writing is pretty tedious and repetitive. Feel free to ignore.

https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/the-ultimate-daily-wear-protective-moto-boot.18712/
Brother, thanks a bunch the info is much appreciated. I plan on using this bike for commuting and TBH feel way more exposed than I though I would feel coming from 12 years of Maxi-Scooters.

BTW, I have grip puppies on mine, love those things!

Brother, thanks a bunch the info is much appreciated. I plan on using this bike for commuting and TBH feel way more exposed than I though I would feel coming from 12 years of Maxi-Scooters.
Happy to offer my insight. The folks on this forum seem to share very freely and generally in a very positive way. Some of the other moto forums I frequent are far less friendly, which may be one reason I visit this one so often.

FWIW, I coach at a local fencing club and found a place to keep a pair of shoes at the club. I commute in moto boots and change into athletic shoes when I arrive at the club. If you plan to use your bike to commute to/from work you may want to leave a pair of shoes at the job? I have hard luggage on my bike all the time and never bothered to toss shoes into the hard cases when I commuted, but that would certainly be a viable option if you plan to add luggage cases. Much of it might depend upon the moto-boots you choose and how much walking around comfort you desire.

BTW, I have grip puppies on mine, love those things!

Happy to offer my insight. The folks on this forum seem to share very freely and generally in a very positive way. Some of the other moto forums I frequent are far less friendly, which may be one reason I visit this one so often.

FWIW, I coach at a local fencing club and found a place to keep a pair of shoes at the club. I commute in moto boots and change into athletic shoes when I arrive at the club. If you plan to use your bike to commute to/from work you may want to leave a pair of shoes at the job? I have hard luggage on my bike all the time and never bothered to toss shoes into the hard cases when I commuted, but that would certainly be a viable option if you plan to add luggage cases. Much of it might depend upon the moto-boots you choose and how much walking around comfort you desire.
Problem is I have no one particular location where I can keep a pair work boots available they have to be taken with me.
I've also come across quite few forums where the atmosphere is tense which is why I no longer frequent them. I found an awesome forum which I am still a member for the Burgman class scooters. A really good group of knowledgeable peeps

Problem is I have no one particular location where I can keep a pair work boots available they have to be taken with me.
I've also come across quite few forums where the atmosphere is tense which is why I no longer frequent them. I found an awesome forum which I am still a member for the Burgman class scooters. A really good group of knowledgeable peeps
At some point you may want to consider hard or soft luggage? Or a tail bag that straps to the rear seat for carrying your work boots?

At some point you may want to consider hard or soft luggage? Or a tail bag that straps to the rear seat for carrying your work boots?
I plan on kitting the bike out with Top and side cases but have to wait a bit, I do have tail bag I used to use on my Burgmans, gonna strap that to the bike for now

I know, I had my head up my arse that morning I was cleaning my Burgman 650 in the rain and trying to get everything together for it so i could trade it in. I forgot to change my shoes. LOL. My only ride on it was the wet ride home but from that ride I like the way the bike handles now I have to retrain myself because I havent had a clutch machine for about 20 years and am so use to the twist and go.
I have had mine since May 5th. It"s the same as yours except DCT. Love the bike , the power , the fit, & the way it handles. Have 350 miles on it, no complaints. 19 bikes in 50 years. Saved the best for last. The low rpm engine is a pleasure to drive. 4,000 rpm"s at 70 mph.

I have had mine since May 5th. It"s the same as yours except DCT. Love the bike , the power , the fit, & the way it handles. Have 350 miles on it, no complaints. 19 bikes in 50 years. Saved the best for last. The low rpm engine is a pleasure to drive. 4,000 rpm"s at 70 mph.
Congrats!!!!! I can't believe how much torque this thing has, just came back from the store and am absolutely amazed and happy. You know I just love loping along at 30 in 4th gear, Dunno call me crazy.

Last edited:
Back