• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi everyone,
I am Joe, 40+, from sunny South Africa.
After learning to ride again with a sample 125 scrambler for the last 2 years (having not ridden since school), I finally got my license a few months ago.
My son then allowed me to ride his old 250 for the past few months, and yesterday I upgraded myself with a NC700X (2012) :cool:
I commute about 60miles daily, and the NC is going to increase the grin factor seriously.
As soon as I feel more stable and comfortable, I look forward to disappearing for a few days in the countryside.
My NC has 2k on the clock, but that will be changing quickly.
Thanx

Hi I'm Larry. I'm from the Seattle area and have been riding all my life. My first "car" was Honda CB360 at 18...
I've had a few bikes over the years and currently have the 2015 NC700 DCT as the "me bike" and a 2008 K1200LT as the "we bike". As most of my riding is just commuting to work on residential streets, I'm loving the DCT![\Quote]

Welcome aboard!!!

I had my first CB360 when I was 16 years old. I picked up another one about 10 years ago, restored it, enjoyed it and then sold it last year.

Attachments

• IMG_2605.jpg
    IMG_2605.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 109
Hey all,

I am Joe from Vermont. While I have ridden 2 wheels for 40 years I only have actually owned a bike for about 17 yrs. I bought a 1982 Nighthawk 750 in 1999 or 2000, can't remember which now. It has been a commuter mostly but I have traveled around New England with it. when my kids were little I didn't do much more than a couple 1000 miles a year but funny how they grow. My friend is getting tired though and parts are getting harder and harder to find, some new parts are made in China and the tolerances are bad and cheap in the bad way. I like the twisties, but I am not a peg skidder or knee drag'er. So I am beginning to look for a new bike and the NC700x is in top spot closely followed by the V-Strum. If the NC had an extra half to full gallon larger fuel tank or the 750 were to come to the states, the Honda would be what I was looking at.

Anyone else here ride a Nighthawk? Any advice?

Keep 2 wheels on the ground and your butt in the seat.

Peace!

Hey all,

I am Joe from Vermont. While I have ridden 2 wheels for 40 years I only have actually owned a bike for about 17 yrs. I bought a 1982 Nighthawk 750 in 1999 or 2000, can't remember which now. It has been a commuter mostly but I have traveled around New England with it. when my kids were little I didn't do much more than a couple 1000 miles a year but funny how they grow. My friend is getting tired though and parts are getting harder and harder to find, some new parts are made in China and the tolerances are bad and cheap in the bad way. I like the twisties, but I am not a peg skidder or knee drag'er. So I am beginning to look for a new bike and the NC700x is in top spot closely followed by the V-Strum. If the NC had an extra half to full gallon larger fuel tank or the 750 were to come to the states, the Honda would be what I was looking at.

Peace!

Hello Vermont joe :D

I hear you about wanting a larger tank, I really do...

Having said that, I think a sedately ridden 3.77 gallon NC700X might get fairly close the same distance on a tank of fuel as sedately ridden 5.8 gallon 650 VeeStrom, all things being equal.

Since all things are hardly ever equal though lol, IMHO a hard ridden NC700X suffers from poorer relative fuel economy than a hard ridden weestrom, so there is a lot left to the individual rider to influence any given distances or mpg figures.

I wouldn't let the smaller tank on the NC rule it out, not by a long shot though. Neither would I pine for a 750 instead of a 700, unless you specifically like or dislike one look over the other. I'm still paying off my 5 year loan for my 2012 700, and have no regrets at all that I am spending far far more than a lot of others who were able to afford to shell out a cash lump sum all at once, or have the patience to wait and get a used bike for really cheap.

All I know is I've had a blast enjoying my NCX for the past 4 odd years, and paying extra for that privilege does not weigh on my conscience. ;)

Good luck with whichever decision you choose :)

Hey all,

Peace!

Howdy neighbor, welcome to the forum.

Hello Jim from Seattle area here. I switched over to a ST1300 last year and ever since my wife was wanting a sport touring bike to replace her shadow 750. This last weekend we traded her Shadow for a NOS 2014 NC700x in Black. She of coarse wasted no time in ordering up add on's, we have the factory hard bags, deflectors, center stand and a Madstad wind shield on there way. Looks like Friday will be busy bolting on the Honda stuff and she will have to wait about 3 weeks for the shield. After riding the Versys and Vstrom she fell in love with this one and says she feels more confident and fun than she ever has.

you live in Mighty Peculiar? I probably have seen you riding by, i live about 12 miles south and work in Mighty Peculiar.

Don't have an NC yet, but the NC700X is the next bike I plan to buy. I've learned a lot from forums over the years for various bikes I've owned, so I figured I'd get a head start on this one to hit the ground running. Thanks in advance for all the stuff I'll learn about the NC700X from you guys!

Hello from Malta,

I purchased my NC750X DCT 2015 a few months back after selling my Vespa Primavera and am loving it. Small tours of Gozo and Modica, Sicily have been made more of a pleasure on this bike.

Thanks all for the snippets of great info. I've gleaned from this site.

Panamahat

Hello from Milwaukee Wisconsin. I just purchased a 2013 NC700X used. I spent the last four years riding a Suzuki Boulevard C50 trying to decide if a cruiser was right for me. Turns out it wasn't. I've been reading about future mods i will need to do. Thanks, Ryan

Hey all,

Peace!

Hey Joe,

I rode a 1996 Nighthawk 750 a few years back and I thought it was a great bike. That four cyclinder is smooth and it's very low maintenance with the hydraulic valves. I sold the Nighthawk in 2003 and began riding a 2003 BMW K1200 GT for several years until I switched to the NC700X to save money on maintenance and to get the DCT as my clutch hand is fried. I was pleasantly surprised at how much more I like the NC than the Nighthawk. I always felt the Nighthawk had a fairly clunky transmission and like most bikes with that design you had to get the revs up to enjoy the power. The NC's power is all down low so it actually feels a bit faster and more fun than the Nighthawk. It's extremely low maintenance as well since it's only a twin. See if you can't find an NC to take a spin on. I think you'll be fine with the power since you are coming from the Nighthawk 750. The NC handles better as well with all of it's weight down low. Good luck. Brett

Just catchin' up on the new members here. Hello to both Joes, Jim, Ryan, Panamahat, Larry, and Luke. Hope we can help you all out, and we look forward to hearing your stories. Ride on!

Last edited:
I live at Jacksonville Florida. I'm recently retired from paid work. Married, two grown kids, dog and a cat. 48 years of riding. Current rides are a 2013 Honda CRF 250 dual sport and a recently purchased 2014 NC700. I look forward to learning from forum members. I'll contribute when I have useful information.

Back