• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Mirrors, Anybody ?!? Let's see em'...

WOULD YOU CHANGE YOUR MIRRORS ?!?

• YES, PLEASE GET RID OF THESE THINGS !!!

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • NO, I LOVE THE MIRRORS !!!

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • MAYBE…. IF I FOUND A COOL SET….

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
It works

Speaking about the right side mirror only, since I don't recall which way the left side goes: The mirror itself screws into an adapter/spacer. The mirror and it's jamb nut are left hand thread. The adapter screws into the front brake master with right hand threads. Why, I don't know.

You are just removing the whole assembly. That is right hand thread. But in the post I was answering, the question was how to separate the mirror stalk from the adapter. That thread is left hand. Go try it.

IT WORKS.. It is Lefty into the barrel/spacer. Also I was able to use the stem into the brake cylinder (albeit backwards). It is a bit tricky and needs careful attention not to cross thread. One must keep going in (and backing out repeatedly) as the threads feel as if they is some difference (measured in microns). The difference is so slight however it may be a result of the tooling/machining. Each time in/out you can go in further. Then back to the barrel and so forth. Eventually they are both the same size and fit snugly. I would attempt this technique with and engine.

Last edited:
IT WORKS.. It is Lefty into the barrel/spacer. Also I was able to use the stem into the brake cylinder (albeit backwards). It is a bit tricky and needs careful attention not to cross thread. One must keep going in (and backing out repeatedly) as the threads feel as if they is some difference (measured in microns). The difference is so slight however it may be a result of the tooling/machining. Each time in/out you can go in further. Then back to the barrel and so forth. Eventually they are both the same size and fit snugly. I would attempt this technique with and engine.

Yaaay! I :heart: this forum lol :D

I installed replacements for my OEM mirrors. I wanted to clean up the look of the bike a bit (and space the mirrors apart just a little more, I'm a big guy). I went with these bar-end style (Amazon).

Here is the link:http://www.amazon.com/Popular-Adjus...7&sr=8-3-fkmr2&keywords=nc700x+bar+end+mirror

I like the look, and build quality. They gave me exactly what I was looking for, stay in place, are nice and clear, and vision is good.

NC.jpg

Back