• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

new paint etc.

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
might not be to everyone taste but I like it. done a few mods like crash bars rear luggage rack. handle bar riser.
rear hugger even thought they don't do much but looked a bit naked underneath beside it was cheap to buy.
I didn't like the black and grey look and also getting my seat redone similar to the one in the picture.
once its all done I'll give a full picture comparison

Attachments

• DSC02463.JPG
    DSC02463.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 66
  • DSC02465.JPG
    DSC02465.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 65
  • DSC02464.JPG
    DSC02464.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 61
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 67
Very nice. How was that paint job done?

Johnakay,
Nice work Partner! Isn't it nice to take something like the NC and transform it from something you're maybe not too happy with into something you're now REALLY happy with and are proud to ride!!!! I don't know if you got a glimpse of mine back a few months ago when I did the same thing. Long story short, I got interested in NC750X DCT's and started looking. Well, I found one in another state and just slightly used. It had a mere 2,100 miles on it. The wife and I took a road trip from Arizona to California to check it out and while on a test ride, I found some things I was not too keen on. The primary one was IT WAS ALL BLACK, including the wheels, YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!

So, I purchased it and we brought it back home. Within about 2 weeks, I'd decided to paint it. So, apart it came. Mine certainly doesn't have the *Pazzazz* yours does but, I'm incredibly happy with the way it turned out., I had the paint blended at a local NAPA auto parts store and I did all the shooting. While the bike was down for paint, I yanked the wheels off and apart and took them over to a local powder coating company. I had them done in as bright of Silver as possible. It was a two-stage process because they had to color powder them, then run them through the ovens again with a CLEAR coat on them. Waaaaay nicer now.
Scott

Attachments

• 70207408943__791E6734-D706-4BCB-BEDF-BB9B9963389D.JPG
    70207408943__791E6734-D706-4BCB-BEDF-BB9B9963389D.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6717.JPG
    IMG_6717.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6902.JPG
    IMG_6902.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6946.JPG
    IMG_6946.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6955.JPG
    IMG_6955.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7014.JPG
    IMG_7014.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 33
That is really nice, johnakay. While I would personally opt for much brighter colors, that paint job is fantastic. The main thing is, like I do, you personalized the bike’s looks to your taste. You really went all out on this one.

since 2003 all my bikes were bought new and when they're out of warranty I sold on or part ex for another new.
so I couldn't really change colour etc.
with having a new Forza 750, thought I'll get a used old bike and do mod to it and that's what I did.

Johnakay,
Nice work Partner! Isn't it nice to take something like the NC and transform it from something you're maybe not too happy with into something you're now REALLY happy with and are proud to ride!!!! I don't know if you got a glimpse of mine back a few months ago when I did the same thing. Long story short, I got interested in NC750X DCT's and started looking. Well, I found one in another state and just slightly used. It had a mere 2,100 miles on it. The wife and I took a road trip from Arizona to California to check it out and while on a test ride, I found some things I was not too keen on. The primary one was IT WAS ALL BLACK, including the wheels, YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!

So, I purchased it and we brought it back home. Within about 2 weeks, I'd decided to paint it. So, apart it came. Mine certainly doesn't have the *Pazzazz* yours does but, I'm incredibly happy with the way it turned out., I had the paint blended at a local NAPA auto parts store and I did all the shooting. While the bike was down for paint, I yanked the wheels off and apart and took them over to a local powder coating company. I had them done in as bright of Silver as possible. It was a two-stage process because they had to color powder them, then run them through the ovens again with a CLEAR coat on them. Waaaaay nicer now.
Scott
nice colour. better than all black. well done.

That's a nice colour FireUp. The2017 NC750 I bought is excellent but I too find it a bit too black! What coloure exactly is that?
Well Sir,
First off, I'm incredibly sorry for not responding earlier. I don't check this forum all that often. The paint you see is the same exact paint that was used for our 2015 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon. It's called Hydro Blue Pearlcoat. The paint color code is *PBJ*. Now, one thing here. There were TWO PBJ color codes used in the Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler line up. If one wants that Hydro Blue Pearlcoat, you must stipulate to the paint blender (no matter who's mixing the paint) that it's the PBJ from a JEEP, not a Chrysler/Dodge.
Scott

Back