• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Soon (hopefully) new Owner in the Gatewaay City STL

shelglass

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Saturday I decided to order an NC700X, 2014 Black. Coming from mostly BMWs I have been researching the NC for sometime now and just decided to pull the trigger and get one, had to black. So I have a few question for you more seasoned NC owners. First is luggage, specifically racks. Oem racks or Givi or SW racks. I like the Givi Outbacks and Givi makes some great stuff. Secondly what was the first mod you just had to do, example mirror extenders? I want to order something to put on the bike before it comes in, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance:D

Congrats and welcome from Central MO. I bought the Honda side cases from a member here and I love them. They may not hold an entire grocery store, but they look great and hold just enough of stuff for me!

Take pics of your new ride when you get it.

Depends on what you like. SW is good quality racks and supports the largest variety of different luggage. The Honda stuff integrates the best with the bike and therefor look good but the racks only support the Honda bags and the panniers have an odd shape internally. I think the Givi racks might be a little bit cheaper than SW but Givi really only supports Givi.

First farkle. Humm..... Rox bar risers 2inch, madstad windscreen unless you like the stock short one, phone mount and USB power port run through the factory accessory relay kit, grip puppies, seat modification or an aftermarket seat. Lots a people don't like the factory seat and the way it slopes.

Welcome! On my first ride I thought the bike was perfect and needed no mods. Boy, was I wrong. Not that it's a bad bike, but the little things added/changed are nice. I don't know where to begin, but the seat replacement and the center stand are pretty high on the list. Luggage and windshield are up there, too. Then things like power outlets, front suspension, brake light flasher, horns, front fenda extenda, radiator guard, rear hugger etc, etc, etc. I even repainted mine.

Thanks for the welcomes. Thinking center stand will be the first. Then brake light modulator and accessory socket. Bamamate do you have to use the factory accessory relay kit for the socket?

Seat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy from Texas!

Thanks for the welcomes. Thinking center stand will be the first. Then brake light modulator and accessory socket. Bamamate do you have to use the factory accessory relay kit for the socket?

Yeah, a seat should be first! Also, since I am tall-challenged, I put in lowering-links and changed out the stock windshield with a Puig. MUCH better.

Welcome! another vote for Seat! It would be great if you could have the OEM seat on yours for a couple weeks then get a good replacement. That way, you'd appreciate the difference.
Sargent makes a good seat [HERE]. You don't have to send them your original seat first. They fabricate their own seat pan.
Corbin is also a good choice I read.

Luggage and racks? Givi for the top box arms (if you choose to have a top box... I do)... and probably for the cases as well.
I use different cases for road trips and commuting, so I've made my own racks that accommodate both. They are not as pretty as store-bought, but they are cheaper and more versatile. See [HERE] and [HERE].

Last edited:
Back