• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Newbie electrical accessory questions

CRStep

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my NC700x for about three weeks (1500 miles so far), and I'm really considering what kind of improvements I can do to the bike. This post focuses on electrical accessories. I am interested in adding one or two 12v adaptors to the bike, and also a power distribution system to lay a proper groundwork for future accessories such as heated grips, auxiliary lights, etc. I have been reading many threads, but my knowledge of electrical systems is sorely lacking and I need some guidance (I would need professionals to do the install most likely). I am intrigued by the arboreal systems neutrino black box 2 Home. It seems like an interesting, forward thinking way to manage power requirements. I was thinking I could install that and then add a powerlet to the handlebars and maybe one to the frunk (for battery tender use and such). In theory I could later connect the heated grips, lights, and whatever else I decide to install, and use the smartphone app to automate and control the systems. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of setup? Am I barking up the wrong tree? Do I still need to install the honda harness if I go with the neutrino? I'm not really sure where to start to gain an education in planning and wiring electrical systems. Thanks in advance for any information.

I'm not familiar with the Neutrino system.

On my last three bikes, which includes the NC, I added an accessory fuse panel wired directly to the battery and controlled by a key ON relay. For the 1st & 2nd bike I used an accessory fuse panel + relay that I bought from an Auto Parts store, total price around $20. The space available on the NC is almost nil so this time I opted to use an Eastern Beaver accessory panel which is small, nicely done, and comes pre-wired with a relay. They call it the 3CS (3 circuit solution) and it's around $50. The wires & connectors are clipped to the backside of the panel in the frunk that covers access to the battery, with the fuseholder inside the frunk and placed where the tool kit should be.

All three of my bikes had/have Powerlet 12v plugs at the handlebar clamp and an easily-accessible pigtail for battery charging.

Last edited:
Honda sells an accessory relay kit. Many versions of extra fuse blocks are available also.

I have had bad luck with "phone-enabled" gloves, so I would personally stick with switches & buttons, vs a phone app.

I would skip the space age stuff. A Honda option relay powering your choice of small fuse or breaker panel is simple and stone reliable.

Thank you all for your replies! This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I am much happier with the idea of a simpler, cheaper system that is reliable. It gives me more money for other farkling.

I am interested in adding one or two 12v adaptors to the bike, and also a power distribution system to lay a proper groundwork for future accessories such as heated grips, auxiliary lights, etc.
I think you should determine exactly what accessories you are going to install, and then figure out a plan....If you are only installing aux lights, heated gear and maybe a GPS or USB power port I see no reason to spring for a $300 trinket that connects to a smart phone. Unless of course you just like gadgets, nothing wrong with that.

The "features" are kewl, but I see absolutely no reason why you couldn't do exactly the same thing with an inexpensive $50 aux fuse block

I run a pair of Clearwater LED driving lamps, a Zumo 590, Heated grips, Gerbings dual controller, USB power port for my iPhone and Schuberth SRC bluetooth, simply and easily using just the standard Honda wiring and a Fuzeblock FUZEBLOCKS.COM

If on the other hand you have some special requirements then by all means go for it but I would consult the people that are going to be doing the install first for their feedback and also figure out what exactly I need to wire up.

I'm all in for about 80 bucks and it works great and is bullet proof.

Last edited:
I thought that using the neutrino might make things simpler, but reading all the descriptions of what you guys specifically use shows me plainly that it would not be any simpler at all. I don't have any needs beyond the basics you described. Now don't get me wrong, I love a good gadget, but this is quickly looking to be less practical for the cost than I like.

I agree with the others. You can use the factory acc relay kit for most of that. It handles up to 7.5 amps. I use it for my switched stuff (key switch controls it). If you go with factory heated grips, they are made to use the acc relay kit.

The fuzeblock.com, eastern beaver PC8+ relay kit (I use their 3 circuit kit on another bike) Bad Request, Denali power hub Denali PowerHub2 fuse block, master ground block and wiring harness for motorcycles | TwistedThrottle.com are all very good solutions for adding a lot of accessories.

Back