• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nothing happening over at ADVrider NC700X thread

I guess everyone has moved over here. Makes sense to me.

I have done my part to enlist them here. This is a more civil society (so far) than ADV and as a separate forum everything isn't dumped into just two threads. I am still an avid ADV'er for the wider aspect of the sport, but for the NC I am here. I do still comment occasionally over there because I have a genetic inability to shut my stupid mouth (or still my keyboard). I am like the comedian Ron White who said he had the right to remain silent, but not the ability.

(It is a bit trashy, but if you like coarse humor, look up "Ron White - I Got Thrown Out of a Bar" on YouTube.)

It is hard to find much "support" at ADVRider between the fodder -- :p

It has bad brakes.
It is a parts bin bike.
It is too slow.
There is nothing special about or I bet it won't get the gas mileage.
You should buy this instead.
They copied that.
You shouldn't buy a first year bike. It has flaws.
It won't sell.
It won't go off road.
The suspension is crap.
Needs bigger wheels.
Etc.

It has bad brakes.
It is a parts bin bike.
It is too slow.
They copied that.
It won't sell.
It won't go off road.
The suspension is crap.
Needs bigger wheels.
Etc.

Well said. :):):)

It has bad brakes.
It is a parts bin bike.
It is too slow.
They copied that.
It won't sell.
It won't go off road.
The suspension is crap.
Needs bigger wheels.
Etc.

Very well said. And all that comes from people who haven't even ridden one.

Greg

Another boring Honda.

Really though, that thread went something like 220 pages. Lots of interest to keep running that long.

It is funny reading comments from people that haven't ridden one. That little tank under the seat is a deal breaker! That's funny there!
If they only knew how sore their butt would be by the end of that tank. :eek:

I got the same thing years ago back in the 70swhen I rode wings. People you to spend ages telling me why they were not proper bikes and 101 reasons why I shouldn't ride one. My response was to ask which model they had ridden to which the usual reply was a polite cough and a reason why the had to be elsewhere. There is a guy on the W650 forum who can not resist getting in digs about HDs not just small comments or jokes but complete rants yet by his own admission he has never ridden one.
If someone has tried a bike and doesn't like it fair enough but it really annoys me when people shout there mouths off about something they have never ridden

Haha.. It's funny reading those comments. The guys over at Race Tech seemed to really enjoy my NC. Might even sell a couple for Honda.

And Beemerphile, thanks for enlisting us.. I have fun with my bike, even when I'm not on it, just reading along here. I'm gonna be bummed when you are done. lol.

Beemer in the new skin your name is not visible.

Yep, black on black does not show up very well, but the profile link is still operable. Also my name in the original color scheme is black instead of seafoam green like the others. Must be hard-coded black. I don't know why that is and see no way to change it, but luckily (or unluckily) my ugly mug remains visible. It should be the other way around.

Never been to the other forum but I am very impressed with this one. I first joined a forum several years ago when I bought my Volvo and have been hooked ever since. A lot of useful info shared and a lot of time spent talking to other like minded people. I have a bit of ADHD, self diagnosed of course, and this keeps me interested and happy with what I have. Every one on here has been very respectful so far and I am proud to be a part of the group.

It has bad brakes.
It is a parts bin bike.
It is too slow.
They copied that.
It won't sell.
It won't go off road.
The suspension is crap.
Needs bigger wheels.
Etc.

I've been wondering why I haven't felt this way about the NC700.... course, unlike some of the ADV rider posters I don't feel one should make comments about a bike untill they've rode it a least 5000 miles in some of the conditions critqued about. (I've only logged 5500 miles on the NC since July 31)

Pete

Back