• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oregon NC

shaggymonkey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I've been riding for a number of years and purchased a 2014 NC700 early last fall. I've put 6,000 miles on it now, and I love it. I've added a fender extension to limit the debris smoking off of my radiator on the inevitable rainy rides I get up here, and just ordered a pair of hand guards to minimize the painfully cold and wet hands that are far to common on winter rides in the Pacific North West

I travel on two wheels only and commute on either the NC or my touring bicycle, rain or shine; although, I've been known to take the train when it snows.

I've been looking through the forum every now and again and decided I should join up and introduce myself.

Dan
IMG_0563.jpg

Hi Dan welcome. Is that the Umpqua river in the back ground? Where about do you live in Oregon? I lived a few years in Elkton, my dad and little brother are still there. It's a beautiful place to live

Welcome from another Oregonian. I'm down south in Grants Pass. Do you have the DCT or X? I also have a 2014 and got mine last August. Love the bike. Haven't put anywhere near the miles on it that you have though. I've only put about 700 on mine. I don't ride in rain or temps below 40, being a weather wimp. :)

I second the request for a photo of your touring bike. As another touring cyclist, I always enjoy those.

MeAtBryans1 small.jpg

G_Peace.jpg

Hello...from a fellow NC rider in Beaverton OR. I ride a silver NC
Just speculating but I think we may have crossed paths before somewhere on Old German town Road/Skyline Blvd or maybe just another red NC rider in Beaverton/Hillsboro area.

Welcome, ShaggyM. You'll find this a fine forum. If you got yourself a DCT you'll find it most excellent for that wonderful PDX/Vancouver traffic. :) Every time to get down to Portland I thank my lucky stars that I'm on the automatic and not cranking gears. But enough of that. You're in some of the best riding real-estate around. Enjoy!

Hey Shaggy. Welcome aboard from another PNW resident. I put 7,000 on mine since last April riding around (mostly commuting) Olympia, WA.
>Thom

Is that the Umpqua river in the back ground? Where about do you live in Oregon?

It's Rooster Rock State Park on the Columbia. It's just outside Portland, where I live. I took this with my phone right before my students showed up for a sunset photography class I was teaching.Here's the photo of the sunset right as the rain hid it from our view. It was wet ride home.
P8141580.jpg

Just speculating but I think we may have crossed paths before somewhere on Old German town Road/Skyline Blvd or maybe just another red NC rider in Beaverton/Hillsboro area.
bellyrub that may well have been me. I ride over Germantown/Skyline a lot because I teach out at Stub Stewart a good bit and it seems silly to sit in the traffic on 26 when I can be enjoying all those nice corners. I remember crossing paths with a silver NC on 26 one day too. Hope to see you out there again.

Gibsito, I have the X. I like shifting. If they would let us split lanes in traffic, I would never find need for the DCT. I also got a really good deal on the bike with 90 miles on it when the dealer was trying to make space for new bikes that were about to come in. That is probably the more realistic reason I ended up with the X. Here's the bicycle on a two day ride to check out the Bridge of the Gods.
IMG_0157.jpg

well hope to see you out there again soon.
Just an FYI if you're going to take old germantown rd to cornellius pass road be extra careful of the tight corner (infamous for a lot of reasons) near the vineyard driveway apparently the good folks there have recently added some gravel and some on the road too. Learnt that the hard way last week.

I almost went down there too last week on my Ducatti. My rear got a little out from under me, and I was very thankful that I hadn't done that in my first year or two of riding. I just barely got it stood back up and stopped before I went off the road. I'm trying to sell that bike. It would have been a travesty to have dropped it before someone else gets the chance to enjoy it

Gibsito, I have the X. I like shifting. If they would let us split lanes in traffic, I would never find need for the DCT. I also got a really good deal on the bike with 90 miles on it when the dealer was trying to make space for new bikes that were about to come in. That is probably the more realistic reason I ended up with the X. Here's the bicycle on a two day ride to check out the Bridge of the Gods.
View attachment 28797

Sweet. Love the Ortliebs. My girlfriend has yellow also.
I'm with you - I like shifting. All my vehicles are manual shift. But I would have loved to have gotten a DCT just so I could have ABS. Really wish they'd make ABS available with the manual transmission.

Back