• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

PLASTI-DIP !!! Show us what you GOT !!!

Change the colors of my bike with plasty dip what do you all think

vugejysu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hopefully this picture shows up the bike was light silver plus plastidip flat black and Wheels red

That looks awesome man!! How much did it cost?

I'm waiting for my NC750x in silver, but I want to change the color as well. This is some kind of matt black?

It cost me like 25 bucks to change all the colors it's all matte colors no glossifier

After someone posted a for sale pic with the front fender black I really liked the look,so I did mine in black also.I like it.
sa5yjeta.jpg
unutuzus.jpg

I've had my bike "dipped" for a few months now. I started with the matte black and left that on for a month or so. I loved the color but just felt like something was missing so, I added two coats of the silver metalizer. That added some nice sheen to the paint, but after a while it started to dull out. So, I added two coats of the glossifier and it looked awesome! Exactly what I was going for. Now, the glossifier has been on for about a month and I can see where it is starting to thin out in the wear spots. It has even slightly changed the color of the black to an almost very dark blue and scratches are starting to show up a lot more. I'm experimenting right now with some automotive clear-coat to try and rid the scratches. To clean, I wash the bike with soap and water like normal. I have only washed it once since the glossifier was applied. Pics below:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

I have never tried the gloss,it does make a big difference. I have had the lower crowl black for a year now,it still looks good.josh h,the bike looks good.

Thanks, ziggie. But, I'm thinking about taking it off. Just tired of it scratching and scuffing so easily.

Last edited:
I am thinking about doing this (Navy Blue) on my bike. Anyone have easy instructions on how to remove the plastic? I had the left side plastic off this past winter to install the wiring harness for my heated grips, but it was a PIA, and after I put it all back together, I had one bolt left. I had to remove it again until I found the place that I missed putting the bolt back. I swore I would never take the plastic off again, but seeing some of these, plus I want my silver NCX to be blue, has got me thinking about trying to take the plastic off once again.

Also, what does the texture feel like when you touch it? Does it feel like plastic, or rubber?

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:
If you look at the thread pictorial for removing plastics on the mod section is a step by step.I can't figure out how to link to it.and on my crowl it feels smooth.the fender feels a little rough. Watch the you tubes vids called plastic dip my car,it helps.

Also, what does the texture feel like when you touch it? Does it feel like plastic, or rubber?
Feels like soft rubber...especially if the sun has been on it all day. I've had my front fender done for several months and it feels harder, but still like rubber. And, depending on how you apply it it can be either smooth or textured. Like ziggie said, watch the "Dip Your Car" vids on youtube. They're very informative.

Back