• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Poor Widdle Birdy

When I was living in Sparks Geogia, I had a 1970 GMC pro street stepside and was lowered. One night coming home from hahira I hit a armadillo that was running all over the place. It was like hitting a car batterie cought the back bottom of the cab and almost tore it off, if I was on a bike it would not have been good!!!

Last year I had a rabbit cut out in front of me while riding some twisties with my cousin. I thought that he would surely turn back, but he caught my front peg/boot and came from together. I had rabbit all over my boot, my pants and worst of all, my exhaust pipe. It's awfully hard to get cooked on rabbit off a muffler. It wasn't nearly as bad as a skunk would have been, but Peter Cottontail's innards don't smell that good either.

I Arizona this past january I had a Road Runner come at me from the left. I saw that beak and just about had my left foot above my head. Amazingly he turned on a dime 180*. Thought sure he was a gonner.

I Arizona this past january I had a Road Runner come at me from the left. I saw that beak and just about had my left foot above my head. Amazingly he turned on a dime 180*. Thought sure he was a gonner.

I've have never seen one of those in person. Was my favorite cartoon as a kid growing up.

I almost had me a possium the other day. I was cruizing into work about 4:30AM on the backroad portion of my ride. A possium was right in the middle of my lane and he was nose to ground sniffing out something. I had plenty of time to swerve around him but only missed him by about a foot. I don't think he even knew I went by. He was completely focused on something at that spot.

I get lots of practice avoiding wildlife.

Yes, I've seen many in Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma. My in laws live on Blacksnake Road.
It is a small world. I used to work out of Hot Springs supporting Weyerhaeuser sawmills, then transfered to manage the sawmill in Mountain Pine. That steep twisty ride over the mountain was a short cut between locations that I have driven many times. Stopped by Mountain Pine a few years ago to see what they had done with closed mill. Just an empty field behind the fence. Sad sight for me.

Back in the 60's and 70"s my family spent almost every weekend at Lake Ouachita. Usually Brady Mountain, but sometime through Mountain Pine to Spillway Landing. I remember the sawmill very well.

they are in Arkansas. I used to see them going over the hill on Black Snake Road between Hot Springs and Mountain Pine, so pretty close into the city.

Arkansas has just about every road obstacle you can think of. Skunk, Possum, Armadillo, Racoon, Coyote, Deer, Dog, Cat, Squirrel, Turtle, Frog, and I’m told Mountain Lions. I’ve never seen one of those but I’ve seen all the others listed on my route to work. There is one I fogot to add. Hawks. I have never seen so many Hawks as road kill as I've seen in Arkansas. They all must be stupid and fly low across the interstate.

Arkansas has just about every road obstacle you can think of. ... I’m told Mountain Lions. I’ve never seen one of those but I’ve seen all the others listed on my route to work.

Don't forget bobcats. Cabot has bobcats. I picked up a kitten in Cabot that was the result of an accidental breeding between a bobcat and a domestic. Cute little kitty that was strangely able to terrify my (over 100lb) dogs.

Don't forget bobcats. Cabot has bobcats. I picked up a kitten in Cabot that was the result of an accidental breeding between a bobcat and a domestic. Cute little kitty that was strangely able to terrify my (over 100lb) dogs.

Cool. I want one of those.

I was headed home from Hot Springs and had a black bear run across the road ahead. That makes you think, and use some foul language.

Bear? And someone said Kangaroo on another thread a while back. I guess I should be happy I primarily see small animals.

Back