• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Post Apocaylpse Riding Thread

Billy Budd

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I am still here. I have five days off in a row. I have some family stuff to do, but barring any zombies, nutjobs, and certain family members I am gonna get in as many miles in as I can. I may have to take a series of short trips but I find seat time just makes everything in life a little sweeter, easier, and palatable.

Post your bike miles from now until January 2nd and well will crown the Holiday mileage winner.

Is any one but me still here BTW?

This is sort of unfair to our nutty neighbors to the north I guess, a few of you in the non-tropical latitudes have to deal with the snow and ice, I guess that might cut down on your winter travel. But hey at least most insurance company's give you the winter rate cut, so you got that going for you, and if it helps any.... we are supposed to get down in the 40's here at night for a couple of days with highs only in the low 70's. So all of use here will have to wear coats with liners and heavy gloves to ride, oh the horrors of a foggy face shield. Happy Holidays to everyone and wishing an early spring to all.

Yep, supposed to be 68°F here on Christmas.... I'll take it.

You guys in the snow and ice now don't fret -- you'll be able to rub your 75°F days in our faces when it's 105°F+ here come July... ha.

trey

Well I am still here. I have five days off in a row. I have some family stuff to do, but barring any zombies, nutjobs, and certain family members I am gonna get in as many miles in as I can.

I'm your inverse BB. My NC is a commuting appliance, and though commuting by motorcycle is far superior to commuting by car, I'm looking forward to five days of no commuting at all.

Supposed to be raining here all weekend. Plus I've still yet to finish wiring up my heated grips, heated jacket, new horns, and Denali lights. So probably no miles for a while.

Where is your Christmas spirit of kindness and good cheer, Billy Budd? All I see when I look out is rain and cold temps. Post my bike miles, hah! You Arizona guys have all the fun!

I went for a ride today, 235 miles. Glendale to Wickenburg to Yarnel to Skull Valley to Prescott (to see snow) back to Wilhoit and Wickenburg to Glendale. The ride starts at 1150 feet and I think we were 6200 at our highest point today. ed

snow at 6100 feet - Prescott National Forest 12-21-2012
Late Dec 2012 010.jpg

61.2............so you more than doubled me. There should be an equation based upon current air temperature to help level the playing field. :)

122 miles today.
i borrowed a beaded seat pad to see if it would give me some relief.
it seemed to help a little for comfort, but had me sliding forward even worse than usual!
the 13x13 size sure did fit the seat good tho.
can anyone using the 14x14 or R airhawk comment on the fit and ride improvement?

I sat out that Mayan Doomsday.
Played PS3 all day long ....(no, just kidding).

Today was a little warm and so I went riding for 1 hour and 50 km to just warm up the engine and charge up the battery (8 weeks idling in garage, some nights are sub-zero).
:p

Back