• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

problem with second gear sometimes

W

wildeone

Hi,
since some time I have problem with putting on second gear.
I mean it gets more effort to put it on, sometimes I have to pull out/in clutch
to do it and there is a clung sound once finally gear is in. Anybody experienced that?
is that matter of clutch cable regulation?
thanks

I know you said it resolved on it's own, but anyone have any ideas? I have this problem with 1st and 2nd gear. The bike stayed parked for about 15 days while I was out of the country.

Now, when bring from 1st to 2nd, sometimes will make a hard clunk, and 2nd sometimes clunks as well. It kinda sounds like when you try and put in a gear in a manual car, and you don't do the clutch well and it clicks. The rest of the gears do just fine.

I've adjusted the clutch cable and everything else, but I'm still having some issues.

I know you said it resolved on it's own, but anyone have any ideas? I have this problem with 1st and 2nd gear. The bike stayed parked for about 15 days while I was out of the country.

Now, when bring from 1st to 2nd, sometimes will make a hard clunk, and 2nd sometimes clunks as well. It kinda sounds like when you try and put in a gear in a manual car, and you don't do the clutch well and it clicks. The rest of the gears do just fine.

I've adjusted the clutch cable and everything else, but I'm still having some issues.

Mine has a noticeable clunk in 1st and 2nd. The rest are quiet and smooth. It shifts fine just not smooth. Would be great to hear if this is normal for these bikes or if I should get it on record with the dealer.

Is it just because neutral is in between first and second? I think most of us that have ridden multiple bikes over the years just get used to the fact that you may have to pull up a little harder shifting from 1st to 2nd to avoid hitting neutral.

Is it just because neutral is in between first and second? I think most of us that have ridden multiple bikes over the years just get used to the fact that you may have to pull up a little harder shifting from 1st to 2nd to avoid hitting neutral.

I moved up form a CB500, and that bike had it but in all gears.

This one was very smooth up until a couple of weeks ago.

A friend who has one told me that the dealer told him to avoid it to keep a little throttle in when shifting or to to close it completely. He didn't remember which

come on, what the oil can have to to with this??? I think it's gearbox issues or clutch. I have sometimes difficulties putting on a second gear and I have to use more force with my boot then I should.

Back