• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Push starting an NC

Dave - you are right on again!!

Just got word from the dealer that the battery is fine and they cannot find a draw.
They charged up the battery from dead and it is holding a full charge.
Has done so for several days.
Even with the battery in the bike it stays full.
It was down and they felt it was so low the trickle charger could not help it get strong enough to power up.
They wondered if the machine was left on.
I always back it into it spot in the garage and turn the wheel and lock the steering.
I must have done something but I do not know what it could be.
The good news is the bike is running and has a clean bill of health.
The bad news is I lost several good weather riding days.
That will fix my wagon and help me to remember to do everything as I should.
(Right now Dave is shaking his head - Another one!!)
I am just happy to get the old girl back home again and ready for a run up in the mountains!

God bless!!

Michael

Dave - you are right on again!!

Just got word from the dealer that the battery is fine and they cannot find a draw.
They charged up the battery from dead and it is holding a full charge.
Has done so for several days.
Even with the battery in the bike it stays full.
It was down and they felt it was so low the trickle charger could not help it get strong enough to power up.
They wondered if the machine was left on.
I always back it into it spot in the garage and turn the wheel and lock the steering.
I must have done something but I do not know what it could be.
The good news is the bike is running and has a clean bill of health.
The bad news is I lost several good weather riding days.
That will fix my wagon and help me to remember to do everything as I should.
(Right now Dave is shaking his head - Another one!!)
I am just happy to get the old girl back home again and ready for a run up in the mountains!

God bless!!

Michael
No judgement. I have left my bike on enough times to know how easy it is to do. The ST1300 has the same size battery as the NC700X and has twice the electrical load. It will kill the battery in just 10 minutes.

I think my battery chargers need to see 8 or 9 volts out of the battery before they will initiate a charge routine. The charger lights come on but if the initial voltage is too low the charge cycle does not begin. I also think that if the battery is high enough to be "seen" and allow the charger to initiate a charge cycle but the battery will not take a normal charge an internal timer cuts off the charge current after a predetermined period so as to reduce the chance of overheating the battery.

Back