• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question about Puig Screen and Risers

kevicon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

As per usual I had a question and spent some time looking for an answer but I didn't seem to find one. Easy and straightforward; I ordered some Rox 2" Risers and they should be in any day now but I was also considering a Puig Screen as well. I know some screens/shields have issues hitting the handlebars and stuff and was just curious if I would run into any issues.

The Honda touring one is also an option I was considering so input on that as well in regards to Risers getting in the way would be awesome :)

THanks in advance!!

I'm going to be watching the replies to this one because I have a Puig screen and plan to buy the 2" Rox Risers. I thought I had read somewhere else that you can adjust them to where you want so clearance is a non-issue.

I also will be watching.i am getting 1.2 inch risers and i have.handguards.my.zero shield won't allow risers so will be looking also.the puig is a good looking shield.

Rox risers reduce if not eliminate problems with screen hitting handlebars.

Its not surprising but I must of misunderstood what I THOUGHT I read lol. THat is great to hear none the less. Thank you so much! This is my first bike so I don't really know whats supposed to be "Comfortable" and normal or what "Takes getting used too" I do know that I'm pretty short; 5'6 and I definitely have to stretch out to reach the handlebars and I definitely feel it affects my slow speed turns and stuff so I'm hoping this makes me a bit more comfortable so I can keep becoming a better rider.

I live in East coast of Florida so to go anywhere usually requires taking i95 at some point and I'm hoping that the replacement of the stock shield does me some good in the comfort level. Or just being able to turn my head a bit without losing it would be nice lol.

I have the same exact Rox 2" risers that Fuzzy has, and like Fuzzy says "Rox risers reduce if not eliminate problems with screen hitting handlebars." I have the National Cycle 22" Tall Vstream windshield and nothing touches.

I currently have the dark smoke Puig screen and Rox 2 inch risers on my bike. I have also installed Power Madd Star Series hand guards. Neither the bars nor the hand guards touch the Puig screen on my setup. I am however thinking about ordering a Madstad screen today.

my zero shield won't allow risers

How so ziggie? Do you have any pictures or something to look at for more info on why there's a such a problem? Zero shield? I don't think I even know what one of those looks like, or who makes them?

I don't have a close up pic.but if you look at one it has a notch on both sides.the brake resivore goes in between it.if you add a riser it would go over the notch and hit.i wasn't going to get risers but decided to so its a little more comply for me.i haven't ruled out a cut job yet.i will try to make it fit but until then i will get a puig.

Back