• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Return to the Land of the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've tried to call them several times, and no answer, and had someone drop the phone, and then hang it up....so, I'm going to take the hint and stay at one of my usual haunts.
I'll drop by and try and say hi. So if I see you I see you, I see you. If I don't, I don't.

EDIT: I'll be over at Iron Horse. :)

Last edited:
Taking a break in Clayton. Next stop Warwoman Rd and 28 to Kickstand.

I was on Warwoman Rd. last week with my 2 boys (virgin ride).
We all loved it, no traffic and beautiful weather.
Wish the same to you.

I was on my way, but in Columbia, SC, my NC decided otherwise. Symptoms are: nothing in the speedo lights up, no running lights or blinkers except for good headlight. Engine will start and most of the time go into 1st gear, but won't shift higher, no horn or brake light. I disconnected/reconnected ground at the battery with negative results. Checked relays and fuses, all seem good. Ugh! Dealer in town here may be able to look at it tomorrow.

Ray

I was on my way, but in Columbia, SC, my NC decided otherwise. Symptoms are: nothing in the speedo lights up, no running lights or blinkers except for good headlight. Engine will start and most of the time go into 1st gear, but won't shift higher, no horn or brake light. I disconnected/reconnected ground at the battery with negative results. Checked relays and fuses, all seem good. Ugh! Dealer in town here may be able to look at it tomorrow.

Ray

Stay dry and safe till then. I hope it's something simple...AND CHEAP! ;)

Ray

Hi Ray,
I've had similar symptoms except everything was working fine, no shifting.
Check engine oil and then EOP sensors (three of them next to the clutch filter.
Maybe a bad connection? If it shifts into 1st but not 2nd, the EOP sensor on top may be culprit.

Oh another thing you can try is to disconnect headlight bulb and try.
Let me know if you need another battery, I have room to bring you one.

Last edited:
Hi Ray,
I've had similar symptoms except everything was working fine, no shifting.
Check engine oil and then EOP sensors (three of them next to the clutch filter.
Maybe a bad connection? If it shifts into 1st but not 2nd, the EOP sensor on top may be culprit.

Oh another thing you can try is to disconnect headlight bulb and try.
Let me know if you need another battery, I have room to bring you one..
Thx...battery starts engine without problem. Nothing happens at all in the speedo when ignition switch is turned on. DCT initialized in neutral, allowing engine to start, and will go into d and back to neutral using the paddle switch. Headlight is only light working, engine stop switch functions but no horn. It's a mystery right now?

It happened on rough SC roads, starting from stop light in S mode, didn't shift to second, looking down everything in speedo was gone as though the ignition switch was turned off. Got off the road OK (1st gear) and towed to the dealer.

Ray

The instrument panel probably has loose connection, but

It indeed is a mystery why the gears won't switch.
But like I said, most likely a sensor problem or even a loose PCM 33P connector!
Briefly scanning the service manual I found below:
It list the symptoms you describe, and suggests either a faulty PCM OR
low/high 'Shift spindle angle sensor' voltage as cause:

" Gearshift funtion does not work (while driving)
Only shifted into 1st gear" ref pp. 12-23 to 12-26
..something to ponder

Sorry about your misfortune, Ray. I was so expecting to see that trailer here somewhere.

Therapy (x3), drdubb, dduelin, and I are here. Beauiful nite. Big moon.

My 600 mile ride started at 42*F, ended at 77*F.

Ray, I do not have my shop manual with me. However, there is a way to bring up the code. I know Beemerpile knows how to do this from the shop manual. Maybe someone else has a shop manual, and can look up the procedure to read the code. You have to do a few things, like kickstand down, push certain buttons, and read the numbers about three times.

It would be good to check the trailer wires also. Try unplugging the trailer, and see if the motorcycle starts properly.

Coffee is made, two cups already consumed, and a nice loop of roads planned for the day. All is right with the world. Ride with care those traveling today and I hope Ray gets moving.

Thx...battery starts engine without problem. Nothing happens at all in the speedo when ignition switch is turned on. DCT initialized in neutral, allowing engine to start, and will go into d and back to neutral using the paddle switch. Headlight is only light working, engine stop switch functions but no horn. It's a mystery right now?

It happened on rough SC roads, starting from stop light in S mode, didn't shift to second, looking down everything in speedo was gone as though the ignition switch was turned off. Got off the road OK (1st gear) and towed to the dealer.

Ray

Now that I am thinking again, you can not use the codes, as battery has been disconnected.

Now that I am thinking again, you can not use the codes, as battery has been disconnected.
After reconnecting the battery and restarting the engine, putting the DCT back in 1st again, I would think that the codes would happen again, hmmm...

Anyway, dealer has it sitting on the rack, mentioned fuel pump didn't pass fuel immediately trying to start it in the morning, he is trying to find time for one of his mechanics to look at it. Ho-hum, at least I have wifi while waiting.

Ray

I had one of the best riding weekend ever.
The location and campground were unique and
comfortable also.

Made it home in good time (by lunch).

I arrived home about 2:30 this afternoon after a great time at the Kickstand Lodge and the great roads in North Carolina. Met a bunch of great people but hope I will not be tested to see if I retained any names. I hope to see you all again soon. The pictures I took this weekend are posted at this link: https://sawride.smugmug.com/NC700Xs-in-NC/

Steve

Thanks for the great time at The Return. I hope everyone had a good ride home. I got home at 4 PM. I'll post more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back