• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Return to the Land of the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Sprinter van with room for 4 additional adult size bodies :)

Would have liked to come up on 2wheels only, but with not knowing how much
rain to expect, I am bringing my hauler.

Works for me. I think we can ride Thur., Fri. Not sure about Saturday. I plan to ride up Wed. Afternoon if the storms aren't bad. I'm seeing 50% chance of rain except Saturday. I three my tarp into the like of gear.

Last edited:
You know sometimes it's raining over here and not over there. 50 or 70% chance of rain in Robbinsville is 30 to 50% chance of no rain in Robbinsville. Also Asheville's forecast is lower rain chances so plan to ride up that way.

35 years ago it cost the same or even more (in man-hours) to ride up there. But we did not have radar on our handlebars.

We are going to be using it to the best of our abilities. (is that a proper sentence?)

Wheels Through Time is a great place to visit. I was in Maggie Valley the 5th through the 8th. Friday the 6th was the cold rainy day so we spent some in the museum instead of riding. Here are a couple pictures I took.

IMG_0264-M.jpg

IMG_0287-M.jpg

I'm packing this evening for the ride up to Kickstand tomorrow.

Well, I'm packing too, but I'm not sure if it's up to Kickstand or down to Kickstand. I guess the elevation is higher, but it's south of me, so take your pick.

Looking forward to meeting you Dave, and the rest of the gang.

I passed through the dragon yesterday, it hasn't changed lol. I thought I saw another nc700x but i was paying more attention to the road.

Started prepping the NCX today. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my VIC tech, Kevin, for new rubber front/rear. I'll be riding up solo Thursday. (It's up in elevation an latitude :) ) Depending on Mother Nature, I may switch bikes to the Vision.

I have a Sprinter van with room for 4 additional adult size bodies :)

Would have liked to come up on 2wheels only, but with not knowing how much
rain to expect, I am bringing my hauler.

I washed my van for the trip but changed plans.
Going to ride up like I wanted. But reluctantly
gave up on riding the SM500 due to mud concerns.
I'd rather bring her up in one piece.
Got new rain pants; hope it performs.

Looking forward to seeing y'all on Thursday!

I installed the Barkbuster Storm hand guards I salvaged off my previous NC (stolen) just in case there is any rain. Heading up Thursday morning.

I am packed an ready to go. Now all I have to figure out is where I am, and where I am going? Heck, that don't matter as long as I am riding the long way round. Shut the Frunk UP and RIDE....

Last edited:
Departing. Temperature 42F. :eek:

I think the weekend will be a mixed bag. I do believe we'll get to ride some each day. Mo also has a great porch, rocking chairs, and coffee pot.

I will be heading down tomorrow; originally reserved bunk for Friday and Saturday, but got an extra day off from work tomorrow. Called Mo to see if I can add a day, left a voicemail for her. If not, I'll ride somewhere else to stay tomorrow night...weather underground forecast for tomorrow is no rain, Friday-probably going to rain all day, Saturday, very slight chance of rain. So tired of rain, officially it has rained everyday this month except for 2 days-16 out of 18 days, 22 out of the last 25 days...arghhh. I haven't made up my mind if I am going to superslab it to Knoxville or take side roads yet.

Edit: Mo called back, confirmed for tomorrow night too. See you guys sometime around 1-2pm tomorrow (maybe later-depends on what time I get out of the house-6 hrs by superslab via Knoxville) I may stop at Deal's Gap for a hamburger around noon, so if any of you guys are around that area look for a red/black nc700X with snoopy on the handlebars..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back