• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ride-on or Slime?

If you use Ride-On the tires will be balanced just fine by the Ride-On alone and adding (or unintentionally leaving them on) weights seems to confuse the issue. It is possible that your experience is different. I save money by not having the tires balanced with weights and the ride I have is very smooth. I can usually buy the stuff for about 12-14 dollars a bottle and I use about 20 oz (9 in front and 11 in the rear) each time. Balancing would otherwise cost $20 per tire.

If you use Ride-On the tires will be balanced just fine by the Ride-On alone and adding (or unintentionally leaving them on) weights seems to confuse the issue. It is possible that your experience is different. I save money by not having the tires balanced with weights and the ride I have is very smooth. I can usually buy the stuff for about 12-14 dollars a bottle and I use about 20 oz (9 in front and 11 in the rear) each time. Balancing would otherwise cost $20 per tire.

I agree with you 110%. I was old school about anything in my tires, until an even older than me tech put RideOn in my tires. Now except of tube type tires, RideOn is in the tubless tires...............

Back when I was younger and poorer I was too cheap to pay for tire balancing, and my tires would wear unevenly.

Then I discovered tire balancing compounds, and immediately began getting perfect, even wear.

As a consequence I became convinced 1) that balancing a tire is important, and 2) that balancing compounds do work.

I have seen both of these conclusions questioned from time to time, the latter often by the people who install tires for a living, so I thought I'd add my two cents on this thread as an FYI.

An observation (and nothing more): You would think the factory could inject a liquid balancer agent into the wheels much,much faster than balancing wheels with weights, yet they chose to do the latter.

Last edited:
An observation (and nothing more): You would think the factory could inject a liquid balancer agent into the wheels much,much faster than balancing wheels with weights, yet they chose to do the latter.
I'm thinking cost would be the reason. What does a handful of weights cost? Even if buying in bulk the ride-on is more expensive

I'm thinking cost would be the reason. What does a handful of weights cost? Even if buying in bulk the ride-on is more expensive

Yes, Ride-On is very expensive, but I’m thinking there are much cheaper alternatives to Ride-On, yet they are not used by the factory as an alternative to the weights and the (probably costly) labor required to properly install them.

Last edited:
Back to the reality there are no tire or vehicle manufacturers that recommend ( or allow) any liquids or beads for balance or for sealing. Everyone in fact warns against the concept.

Then there are very few independent studies or blind studies that validate these balance techniques.
Motorcycle Consumer news did one study and conclude they did no harm but came to the conclusion they don’t work.

This is another one of those products is controversial.

Back to the reality there are no tire or vehicle manufacturers that recommend ( or allow) any liquids or beads for balance or for sealing. Everyone in fact warns against the concept.

Then there are very few independent studies or blind studies that validate these balance techniques.
Motorcycle Consumer news did one study and conclude they did no harm but came to the conclusion they don’t work.

This is another one of those products is controversial.
I've never heard that, thanks for the info. That sounds like a valid reason

I've never heard that, thanks for the info. That sounds like a valid reason

It's worth noting and understanding that the OEMs have no incentive to recommend any such products and lots of incentive to dis-recommend. In the event that some product did do damage, or could be claimed to have done damage, liability could be enormous. By contrast, recommending a product would require exhaustive, expensive testing, with no benefit to the tire OEM itself.

It's worth noting and understanding that the OEMs have no incentive to recommend any such products and lots of incentive to dis-recommend. In the event that some product did do damage, or could be claimed to have done damage, liability could be enormous. By contrast, recommending a product would require exhaustive, expensive testing, with no benefit to the tire OEM itself.
I'm still using ride on and plan on continuing to do so until I find a cheaper alternative. (Anyone try quad boss in a motorcycle tire?) As you pointed out, I could see why a manufacturer would stick with a time tested method versus something new

I'm still using ride on and plan on continuing to do so until I find a cheaper alternative. (Anyone try quad boss in a motorcycle tire?) As you pointed out, I could see why a manufacturer would stick with a time tested method versus something new
Greenboy is a Quadboss fan. He'll chime in here I'm sure.

Right now I'm using Ride-On. Of course a month ago it didn't help. Picked up a gash in a tire that nothing would have helped.
f06b0930d6d2f4caee453b3f98f08985.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I've read a few post about some using Quadboss in Motorcycle tires. Also some using Ride-on ATV sealant without any issues. I have a gallon of Quadboss on the way now, but it will be used in my ATV first.

This is the same logic that is used to sell many other magical and mythical products that promise to build your engine or transmission while you drive or increase power or MPG by 20%, solve drivability issues, seal leaks, clean your fuel system, fix your AC, repair the head gasket, valve job in can .........the list is endless. Its really not worth debating here again as it’s been harsh rehashed here and dozens of other sites. Buyer beware with any and all products and you can make or draw your own conclusions.

As far a manufactures on the automotive side adopting balance products........there millions spent on tires vibration issues. Many modern cars and trucks are very sensitive to balance issues and a 60-100 pound tire/wheel are balanced to an accuracy of 5 grams. Besides balance there are several other specifications in play like radial force variation and tire harmonics. Many times tires and wheels are replaced with multiple repairs and often end in buy backs for unresolved tire vibrations issues . If there was valid quick fix in a can they jump at it even just for these special cases. Part of my career was spent on this exact issue in Analysis and resolution of these issues in the factory and the field.

Back