• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rox 2" risers

trooper

Reaction score
Visit site
I've looked through the prior posts on risers. Does anyone know if we can put the Rox 2 inch riser on the manual 700x without changing or moving the cables/lines, etc.?? Thanks.

I've looked through the prior posts on risers. Does anyone know if we can put the Rox 2 inch riser on the manual 700x without changing or moving the cables/lines, etc.?? Thanks.

Hope my picture is good enough

image.jpg

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to answer your question... YES it fits without replacing the cables, but I had to remove the zip ties that holds the electrical wires to the bar and tie them to the clutch / throttle cables.

BTW, I'm 6' and it is exactly what I needed to get the perfect riding experience. Moreover, I was able to reinstall my handguards that were hitting my tall Honda windscreen with no risers :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:
Thank you much for the exact info I needed. This is why this forum is a great resource! Perfect picture of what I ordered.

FYI, those work with the DCT version as well, but you have to take the front brake line out of it's clip (hard to see) and slide the control cluster wire bundles (left and right) towards the handlebars to release tension in the lines where they're bundled and clipped to the handlebars. It still might be a little tight in some positions. I've got mine slightly rearward of straight (in-line) up and back. It's a very neutral riding position and is perfect for gobbling up miles.

How is the ride experience on longer rides? I'm wondering if your arms will get tired sooner with the bars higher? I guess someone needs to do a long ride with these (Preferably someone who has done longer rides without them also) and hear their ride report.

How is the ride experience on longer rides? I'm wondering if your arms will get tired sooner with the bars higher? I guess someone needs to do a long ride with these (Preferably someone who has done longer rides without them also) and hear their ride report.

I wouldn't live without them now I got them installed. Before, I got tired after 30-40 minutes, not because of the *%#$@£ seat, but because I was too leaned forward for my taste. I even tried to rotate the bar without any good result. Now that the 2" Rox is installed, I have a more natural position.

FYI, the bars are not higher the way I insalled them. I've installed the risers straigt up, but lowered the bar the same amount to the back. Once the levers are adjusted, the bike now fits ME perfectly.

BTW, I'm 6' and it is exactly what I needed to get the perfect riding experience. Moreover, I was able to reinstall my handguards that were hitting my tall Honda windscreen with no risers :)

What type of handgards do you have? I have Barkbuster Storms, and just installed the taller Honda windscreen yesterday, but did not test ride yet.. didn't think to check to see if the handguards are going to hit the windscreen now. I'll check when I get home..... :eek:

A few questions if you don't mind.where did you get the risers ?i am looking for 1 inch.also when restalling. what pound of torck or just getting as tight as you can? thank you.

Just got home and checked.... No problem with the Barkbusters and the Honda tall screen.
I have a plan for dealing with the reported buffeting and will report back in a week or two as to how successful it was.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

UPDATE

The buffeting problem is solved (with Honda tall screen) see this post http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2346-wunderlich-wind-deflector-add-windscreen.html

Got the idea from a couple of people here who mentioned this deflector.

Last edited:
The Rox from Revzilla look better than these (in my opinion) and were out the door shipped for $71.05 just FYI.

A few questions if you don't mind.where did you get the risers ?i am looking for 1 inch.also when restalling. what pound of torck or just getting as tight as you can? thank you.

I got my Rox at a retail store here in Québec for $69. They had from 2" to 5" in stock. This is the one I have:
roxspeedfx Pivoting Risers 2"x7/8"x7/8" Black Anodized

This exact model (pivoting) is only available 2" and above. If you want 1", I guess you will need to get something else, like a fixed straight or offset riser. FYI, 2" is really not that much... and the pivoting feature gives you flexibility that other "fixed" risers won't give you. YMMV.

Has anybody else had a problem with the Rox slowly rotating in the bike's mounts? First time I figured I didn't get the bolts tight so I reset and tightened the bolts. Now after a couple of months they have slowly rotated again.

Has anybody else had a problem with the Rox slowly rotating in the bike's mounts? First time I figured I didn't get the bolts tight so I reset and tightened the bolts. Now after a couple of months they have slowly rotated again.

Yes they DO rotate. That is because there are small grooves (dents) on the bar itself, preventing it from rotating into the grip. Those dents are not present on the risers. Two smooth surfaces = no good. I used one of these to create dents on the risers posts before the installation:

angle-grinder.jpg

Problem solved.

Last edited:
Back