• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rox risers installed

Just successfully installed Rox 2" pivot risers on a 2014 DCT. I did need to loosen some cabling, but otherwise install was straightforward.

The 3.5" pivot risers did not fit.

Darn. I have a pair of Rox 3.5" risers and was hoping to be able to install them. What did you find to be the limitation? It looked to me as though the wiring could be routed differently, same for the throttle cable, but the clutch cable and brake line could be a problem.

[...I'm considering the Rox 2 inch anti-vibration risers. Will I have enough slack in my DCT's cables?]

I have those on my other bike (NT700V) and love the rubber dampers because they absorb all the little stuff. It makes it feel as if the front suspension picked up 1" of soft travel at the very beginning of the stroke!

The real rise on those anti-vibration Rox is 2-3/8" as measured.

I have a DCT bike and I doubt if the parking brake cable has enough slack to use the 2-3/8" Rox Risers.

hey there,

I got the same risers just today. I own 2015 nc700xd.
seems like my cables won't allow me to install it. I don't know how to loosen them, is there any source you could lead me to? I would like to do it by my self and not to pay tons of money to the service...
thanks in advance

I forget where I read it , but , I read where there's an issue with the risers not tightening up enough. Possibly due to hardly , if any , spline area for bars to grab against. Is this accurate?. If so , a remedy please. TIA

I used a Dremel brand electric engraver to make lines on the Rox Risers before I installed them. About 100 miles so far and have not had a problem. Still have a 12mm wrench in the frunk just in case.

MotionPro has the stock clutch cable dimensions on file and can make longer cables without sending in a sample. My 2" risers caused the cable to bind on left turns. I had them add 2 1/4" to the stock cable and it works great. Cost was around $75 with good turn around.

Just got back from a 1100 mile round trip to LA this past week. The 2" risers felt very natural and helped out on some of the discomfort felt on a previous trip to SF in the spring.

Upper body felt very good, no pain in the upper back/neck area that I had before. However, the gel seat pad I picked up from a local MC parts place was not up to the task of long miles. Ended up adding a folded up towel under the cushion on the return trip. Really helped my a## out, but as the day and miles went by, I was stopping more often.

Air Hawk seat cushion on order.

Wish I had done the 2" rise sooner....

Many thanks to all who posted on this thread and especially to FlaNC700X who started it. I'm installing these risers tomorrow and my main concern was, and still is the parking brake cable. Any one got a fix on this or did I miss something?

Many thanks.

Don’t know whether I ever replied in this thread or not, but my biggest issue was the front brake hose. It works with the risers, but I wish it was an inch longer. There’s _no_ room or play left but the very minimum necessary for safe operation.

Many thanks to all who posted on this thread and especially to FlaNC700X who started it. I'm installing these risers tomorrow and my main concern was, and still is the parking brake cable. Any one got a fix on this or did I miss something?

Many thanks.

I don't know all about this parking brake cable since I don't own a DCT, but the Honda CTX700 has handlebars that set back farther than the NC700X bars. I have a CTX clutch cable on my manual NC, which is 4 inches longer than an NC clutch cable. I also have longer CTX throttle cables in my parts box, but they're not in use at the present. So to answer your post, maybe the CTX DCT parking brake cable is longer and could give you the extra length needed for the risers.

Last edited:
Back