• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sargent Seat, Pre-Registering NC700X for Seat Development

Anxiously waiting for the review!!!!

+1. I'm pretty happy with my Seat Concepts, but if the Sargent ends up being universally loved I might bite @ $300 for something I can sell later on down the road and recoup a good chunk of the initial cost...

trey

Just ordered the Performance plus with seat rear seat cover, seems like you have to order it over the phone to get the discount.

Joe Tx,

Sure be nice way to try out your new seat. Ride the 600 miles with me to Arkansas on April 18th. The hospital can live without you for a few days. Send me a PM.7.jpg

smileyelderly.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
+1. I'm pretty happy with my Seat Concepts, but if the Sargent ends up being universally loved I might bite @ $300 for something I can sell later on down the road and recoup a good chunk of the initial cost...

trey

Supposedly a 30 day money back guarantee with the Sargent, so you could test one without much risk.

I hope the Sargent is not like the Seat Concepts. While the SC was a very nice seat for the price, it absolutely did not fit on me and I had to go back to stock.

Last edited:
No specific eta, but I was told "within 2 weeks". $20 to ship a front seat.

Just ordered the Performance plus with seat rear seat cover, seems like you have to order it over the phone to get the discount.

I spent about an hour trying to get through on the phone. I gave up and ordered the front seat ONLY over the web site.

I'm looking forward to giving a review.

Is the Performance Plus worth the extra money?

Like Strat said - marketing. There is always a customer who wants what perceived to be the best and is willing to pay more. The higher cost says it must be better. A good marketer will position a product for them, and well, there it is! There is probably some benefit to the Performance Plus, but only you could decided if it's worth it to you.

It's kind of like having three grades of gasoline. Some will pay more for a product their car doesn't even need, so the fuel company is sure to have that product out there. 98 percent of the vehicles in the US could probably do just fine on one single grade of gas. Sorry, I'm getting off topic. . . .

I bought the plain Jane black welt.

I just pulled the trigger on the seat and rear cover. Sadly, they sold out of the original stock they built up, so I'm about 2 weeks out for my seat. I'm sure my butt can wait. :cool:

What is Performance Plus?

Is the Performance Plus worth the extra money?
Anyone care to explain what exactly the PLUS in Performance Plus actually means?
Is the Plus the "new DTX vinyl seating inserts" or the "SC2i foam center pressure relief channel", hidden from view?
Or is it BOTH? Or NEITHER? :confused:
Or is the new DTX inserts just part of the vinyl seat cover?:rolleyes:
I hope someone who bought these features will explain?:(

Anyone care to explain what exactly the PLUS in Performance Plus actually means?
Is the Plus the "new DTX vinyl seating inserts" or the "SC2i foam center pressure relief channel", hidden from view?
Or is it BOTH? Or NEITHER? :confused:
Or is the new DTX inserts just part of the vinyl seat cover?:rolleyes:
I hope someone who bought these features will explain?:(

When I asked they said as I understood it the plus was a the vinyl seat insert was more grippy..........i opted for the regular insert as grip in the crotch area was not what I wanted.

I got an email mine shipped today ..............spring my loose the race as it is still very cold here.........

If anyone out there who currently uses a Seat Concepts is getting the Sargent seat, I would appreciate hearing how they compare. In particular I would like to know if the Sargent is a $300 improvement on the Seat Concepts. After my costly experience of trying to get the right seat I will need the assurance that the Sargent is a great improvement over the Seat Concepts before spending more money. It doesn't grow on trees you know! Hopefully, someone is making the switch and can help me with this.

If anyone out there who currently uses a Seat Concepts is getting the Sargent seat, I would appreciate hearing how they compare. In particular I would like to know if the Sargent is a $300 improvement on the Seat Concepts. After my costly experience of trying to get the right seat I will need the assurance that the Sargent is a great improvement over the Seat Concepts before spending more money. It doesn't grow on trees you know! Hopefully, someone is making the switch and can help me with this.

While the reviews are not in yet, I'd like to suggest that you weigh them carefully in regards to which seat is "better" than another. I had a Seat Concepts. Many people like them way better than stock. Even though I'd hoped I would like it, I took my SC off rather quickly and returned to stock. For ME, stock was way better than Seat Concepts. So take any comparisons with a grain of salt, because it's not what seat is better than the other, it's what seat fits YOU better.

Last edited:
right now, i have the Bill Mayer strap on seat pad. It's fabulous. The Sargent seat will have to be pretty darn good to compete. I plan to review from that point of view.

What I'd like to avoid, if I try to give a review at all, is giving a glowing review just because I spent $300 on it. If it's good, indifferent, or terrible, I'll say so.

I suppose the best review would come from someone who put in 200 miles plus on every after market seat there is... but it's not likely most of us have the time and funding to do that!... and if they did, many of the seats would pull equal. My guess is all of them are reshaped to be more rounded like a bowl than the saddle/rail like quality of the stock seat. Thus, most of the after market seats would be more comfortable than stock but very similar to eachother.

For you guys who got the "it's shipped" notice today... how long ago did you order? That is... how long was it between placing the order and finding out it was shipped?

Last edited:
Strat,
I ordered Monday about 10 am eastern time. Ship notice came at 4 pm Tuesday.

FedEx estimated delivery Thursday.

Last edited:
I suppose the best review would come from someone who put in 200 miles plus on every after market seat there is... but it's not likely most of us have the time and funding to do that!... and if they did, many of the seats would pull equal. My guess is all of them are reshaped to be more rounded like a bowl than the saddle/rail like quality of the stock seat. Thus, most of the after market seats would be more comfortable than stock but very similar to eachother.

?

My thought is it won't take 200 miles to know if they got it right............the Sargent seat on the ST it was immediate feeling of better support (flatter and wider with less slope) and increase in firmness. After 200 or 300 miles it starts become more of the riders conditioning and stamina and less of the seat itself.........but starting with a good seat is critical to get past the first 25 miles.

Last edited:
Back