• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat mod......slope change

I did this a few weeks ago using some aluminum and rubber chair tips. Wish I would have done it sooner because it made a huge difference. I also wish I would have done it before buying a new seat...

Thanks everyone for the ideas. It's great to see members come up with cheap and easy mods that can easily benefit everyone

to my surprize i've found that wearing diferent pants does make a huge difference. specially on long trips. in some of them i slide forward all the time and ending up sitting on my balls(hurts!). i know , i know-longs balls larry,long balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmHf_1kqJc0

i was in home depot today,buying some *** for home and found this-

Con-Tact 48 in. x 20 in. Black Ultra Grip Drawer/Shelf Liner-04F-C6O51-12 at The Home Depot

so i put it on later this night on the seat,while watching some show with my wife. have no idea how it's going to work,but looks good, definitely should hold my *** in place. dunno how long it might last either.
cut on front is a bit off,but next time(the liner was long enough for 2 seats) i'll cut as i marked red on pic for better,more 'in line' look. just a thought for others

4b3b5d9e0b78.jpg

Last edited:
I have something like that but mine is used for holding wood while sanding .a piece of foam and fake leather on top(couch repair) held with duct tape on bottom.helps alot on longer rides.

I finally did mine, just a bracket bolted on and some hard 1/2" rubber with UB tape . Looks like it will work great.

They make a grip cover for the rear seat,I have never been able to find one for the front.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I made my slope mod a bit differently.
My motto is K.I.S.S. and so in that effort, I made myself 2 wooden supports that I stuck down onto the spots on the frame that the seat pan sits on. They are held in place with 3M VHB double sided tape. They will NOT budge. Ever!
Now where I differed from most of the posts here is dealing with the plastic seat pan tongue that slips into the metal hoop to hold the front down. I didn't care in the least about holding the front of the seat down. Where the heck is it going to go with our fat asses sitting on it?? It sure as heck is not going to magically pop up, now is it?
First I removed the front seat and then I drilled a 1/4" hole in the dead center of the seat tongue aligned so that it was centered on the middle of the metal hoop that the tongue would normally slip into. I inserted a 1/4 x 1 1/4" bolt from the top thru the plastic tongue and nutted it from the bottom to firmly secure it. I bolted the seat back onto the bike with the 2 back bolts. I then lifted the front of the seat a couple of inches and simply let it drop back down so that the bolt I installed would make a mark on the top of the metal tongue hoop. I did this 3 or 4 times. I then removed the seat again, and drilled a 9/32" hole where the bolt impact marks were. I then reinstalled the seat and now the bolt drops directly thru the 9/32" hole and aligns the seat properly so it will not slip off center to the left or right. It is rock solid and has been for over 1000 miles now.
BTW...it took almost as long to type this silly explanation as it took to make the mod.
This Hunt & Pecking crap sux
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thirty years later, the only thing I studied in high school that I actually make use of is those two years of typing class. Blind touch rules!

I noticed the same thing, so I'm going to try and put some 15mm risers on mine from Tusk. I don't think I will have any problems except that the heated grip wires may be to short.

I noticed the same thing, so I'm going to try and put some 15mm risers on mine from Tusk. I don't think I will have any problems except that the heated grip wires may be to short.

I bought the 20mm tusk risers 15,000 miles ago...LOVE THEM. ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the kitchen cabinet liner solution;) mentioned earlier.
it's might be even 'too much' for some. Butt is literally glued to the seat.

Guys, quick thanks for this thread. At 6'4" despite the NC700X seat being pretty tall, it wasnt quite high enough. This thread has been very useful.
I've done the mod, but been able to use some handy bits lying around the work shop to make an adjustable set up.

Some threaded feet (you can get them for furniture/kitchen fitting) set in tapped holes on the front plate, and a lifting retainer like most of the other guys have done.

There's just enough space to get the tap set in there, and enough material to take a thread.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Slotted mount holes in the retainer band so as to set it just right for the height of the adjustable legs.
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Sits up nicely, stays tight on its mounts.
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, quick thanks for this thread. At 6'4" despite the NC700X seat being pretty tall, it wasnt quite high enough. This thread has been very useful.
I've done the mod, but been able to use some handy bits lying around the work shop to make an adjustable set up.

Some threaded feet (you can get them for furniture/kitchen fitting) set in tapped holes on the front plate, and a lifting retainer like most of the other guys have done.

There's just enough space to get the tap set in there, and enough material to take a thread.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Slotted mount holes in the retainer band so as to set it just right for the height of the adjustable legs.
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Sits up nicely, stays tight on its mounts.
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Wow thanks northmalvern for re-posting this thread .... I had a extension of a rubber pipe on the bottom of the seat and just not as well done as this one and a couple others..... Thanks Showkey for the original as I could not remember who started it but I did do it with great results but with out the bottom support mod ... Now I have a better solution to keep the seat solid .... Love this Forum .....

Wow thanks northmalvern for re-posting this thread .... I had a extension of a rubber pipe on the bottom of the seat and just not as well done as this one and a couple others..... Thanks Showkey for the original as I could not remember who started it but I did do it with great results but with out the bottom support mod ... Now I have a better solution to keep the seat solid .... Love this Forum .....

I had my seat setup this way, but I don't like drilling holes, so I use Velcro to attach my support band in place. Worked. I have since got an airhawk cruiser pad and I have placed the seat back to stock formation and so far, so good, The air in the pad squeezes forward when I come to a stop and lifts the front top of the pad and keeps me from sliding forward. Big test is labor day weekend-butt burner ride.

Back