• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Serenity took a nap today...

draco_1967

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding up Butterfield Canyon again today (no thunderstorms! Woo!), and saw some amazing sights. Along the way, I stopped to find a place to relieve my bladder, and found a little trail that led behind a tree. Well, As I came to a stop, I noticed a lack of ground beneath my right foot, which is the direction the bike began leaning...

Only a little cosmetic damage to the muffler, a bent brake pedal, some dirt on the handguard, and a bent bolt on the handguard mount. Luckily, no damage to any of the plastics or other functional parts!

The worst part was trying to pick her back up! The bike fell down hill, so I had to wrestle it up hill. Next time, I will be sure to fall up hill...

Here are the pretty pictures from the ride:

Kennecott Copper Mine

These might look tiny from up here, but they are HUGE in person:

A few drops of rain

The road:

Sorry about the tip-over. Nice pics, though. I had one (the tip-over) pretty similar to that, except not the downhill part. :) I don't have those nifty metal bars on my handlebars like you do, so my brake lever got bent. What kind of guards are those, anyway? And since I'm asking questions anyway, what's the red stuff on your boot lid?

Bummer. :eek:

From the pix, looks like it was a great outing up until that certain point. On the plus side, sounds like no injuries to yourself (apparently had the foresight to get your leg out from under in time) and the only lasting reminder on the bike is some scrapes on the muffler and a small dent in it. The open/box wrench trick discussed in this forum should take care of the bent brake lever in a few seconds.

the thing is did you manage to relieve yourself or was it done in pants?;)

at least your ok. its what you call being used!! you've enjoyed yourself and thanks for sharing your trip with pictures.

Last edited:
Haven't tipped this bike YET but I have on plenty of my other bikes. Glad your Ok. Thanks for the pics.

What kind of guards are those, anyway? And since I'm asking questions anyway, what's the red stuff on your boot lid?

The guess are Cycra ProBends. I took off the plastic part to let my hands get air in the summer. The red bit, is vinyl with a coat of clear plastidip.

the thing is did you manage to relieve yourself or was it done in pants?;)

I did manage to hold it till after I picked up the bike :)

Glad everyone enjoys the pics!

Also, I picked up a small nail last night. Check tire pressure this morning and the rear was 12psi. I didn't notice on the ride home, so it must have been a fairly slow leak, or I picked it up closer to home. I will document the repair to see how it holds up.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

So the foreign object was a piece of a staple. Only about 1/8" long. It did not cause the leak, but the other side of the staple that was not in the tire did. Because the hole is so small, I can't put a plug in . I found 2 other staple pieces and a gouge in the tread that isn't leaking. I just ordered a PR3 for the rear. Maybe if I had ride-on in there, it wouldn't be a problem, but I would rather be on the safe side when it comes to tires. sigh...it's only money, right :mad:

Back