• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

She'll be here soon - NC700X DCT

Konrad

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello there. My name is Ryan. I have 10 years within the motorcycle industry as a parts guy. I've had dirtbikes, a DRZ-400, a Wr-250x, a Zuma 125 and two Vino 125's. Although I have an appreciation for large bikes like the ST1300 I've realized it's not me. I just recently did my research and learned about the DCT NC700x. The more I thought about it, the more I realized it will be the perfect bike. I love storage, I wanted a bike not too fast, I love the automatic shifting, and the looks of this bike are great too.

I should have a 2014 Black NC700 DCT ABS by next week. I'm waiting for it to be delivered to my local shop. :) I'll keep you posted.

Your going to love it. I just picked mine up Friday (a dct in red), it took awhile to get used to the automatic but after a few rides it wasn't bad and each ride now I like it more. I had a 2011 KLR650 prior to this and I loved the plush ride of the KLR but the smoothness and more power from the Honda well make up for it. Good luck and happy riding.

Thanks Kawboy. I'm pretty certain this thing is going to be a blast. I love the idea of the bike shifting. I really think we're going to see more of these DCT transmissions. :)

I just recently did my research and learned about the DCT NC700x. The more I thought about it, the more I realized it will be the perfect bike. I love storage, I wanted a bike not too fast, I love the automatic shifting, and the looks of this bike are great too.

I should have a 2014 Black NC700 DCT ABS by next week. I'm waiting for it to be delivered to my local shop. :) I'll keep you posted.

CONGRATS on the bike. Greetings from SoCal...

Great choice going with the DCT model. You will not regret it. May I suggest that you ride it around in "S-Mode" for around town and general riding, you will enjoy the bike more. "D-Mode" is more for Highway riding. I've heard it as referred to as "Senior Citizen Mode", "NO OFFENSE" to anyone on this forum. Since you and kawboy17 are "Newbies" to DCT, you us might find this thread useful, DCT Downshifting.

Your bikes will not stay "Stock" in appearance for long... :)

In the meantime, say "Hello" to NaNCy...

IMG_3499.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

Konrad, I'm looking forward to your impression of the bike. Like you I want a dct. I'm also in Sacto. I would to meet / chat with you after you buy it.

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
I think you will absolutely love the DCT.
All three modes are fun to experiment with.
I now use manual almost all of the time!
Let the farkles begin !!!

I can't wait to Farkle. :) Changed to Red/Black today. I liked both colors but it should be in Monday. Can't wait.

HA HA! It's gonna be along weekend! Hope it rains all weekend so it won't be so bad. (Besides Cali can always use rain, right?)

Hello and welcome to the dct family! I have a red 13 700 dct that I've named Ruby. Riding is such a breeze on this baby. I wonder how much difference in feel is the 700 dct vs the 750 dct. I'm 95% on D mode and only use the S mode in very heavy traffic for snap decision and heavier engine braking. Many folks where I'm at have purchased handlebar raisers for their nc and I'm thinking of getting one too. It should provide a slightly more upright ergonomics and allow you to sit further back and enjoy the wider part of the seat more.

Which dealer are you getting her at. They seem to be pretty rare in the Sacto area

Roseville Honda Motorsports is doing a dealer transfer for me. I'm good friends with them and occasionally have worked for them as a parts guy for special events. I was walking through last week or so, knowing nothing about the NC700x. I actually learned about the automatic on the CTX and then seen this and thought, "I need this bike". lol.

I actually learned about the automatic on the CTX and then seen this and thought, "I need this bike". lol.

Many of here can say the same thing about our bikes.

It's the frunk that first sold me, then followed by the DCT. I got to ride both of these bikes, I favored the DCT over the manual. The DCT is "AWESOME", as you will soon find out... :)

Back