• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The centerstand arrived! I also found it pretty easy to install. I did it the first way Honda has in the instructions. Mounted the centerstand and than pulled the spring, first small than large.

I put the part (5) Spring hook into the end of a fuel line, then just twirled the fuel line. Easy. Didn't unbolt muffler.
I did need help when I put the large spring on because it kept jumping off that pesky part #5. I sat behind the bike with legs on either side off rear wheel. I grabbed spring with a MAC tool that has hook end, braced right leg on foot of centerstand and pulled spring back onto stand. Friend used a screwdriver to hold spring onto front Spring hook. Again easy.
Total installation time about 30 minutes. If I did it again I think I could do it in half that. I wonder what the flat rate time is?

ed

Changed the tail/brake light with led today.

2cwot4z.jpg

Changed the tail/brake light with led today.

2cwot4z.jpg

:cool:

Let us know how well that works out!

Unfortunately, I've always been let down by LED replacement "bulbs" that simply plug in to the existing socket. They never are bright enough in daylight conditions. They're awesome at night (and those are usually the only pictures people take and show "look how bright my LED is!") but if they aren't as good as stock during the day, then...:(

I hope the one you got is good! :)

Unfortunately, I've always been let down by LED replacement "bulbs" that simply plug in to the existing socket. They never are bright enough in daylight conditions. They're awesome at night (and those are usually the only pictures people take and show "look how bright my LED is!") but if they aren't as good as stock during the day, then...:(

I was expecting to be brighter than the stock but its almost the same, beside that is whiter than the stock.

I was expecting to be brighter than the stock but its almost the same, beside that is whiter than the stock.

Thanks

Ya, it's pretty hard to get an LED drop in to mimic a 360* incandescent bulb designed fixture, unfortunately.

I think it's going to be tough to try to simply replace the oem bulb with an LED variety and gain any benefit (without accompanying trade offs), due to the style of the tail light itself. Either replacing the entire unit with one more conducive to LEDs or adding additional LEDs to compliment the stock tail/brake light is the way to go I would imagine.

Installed my Barkbuster hand guards and heated grips. Overlook the mess of wires I had going on in a couple of the pics as I wasn't done buttoning things up. I actually need a decent weather day so I can clean a bunch of the wires up.

20130115_135035_zpsa6b1fc3a.jpg

20130115_135045_zps7a275c92.jpg

20130115_141055_zps23ede3b5.jpg

i also put this bulb in my bike but was not as bright dale

I agree, Motorcycle LED direct bulb replacements just don't work right now. The bulbs are not as bright and due to the reflector design and the way LED's emit light you will lose 'brightness'.

I went with a Sylvania 2357 LL bulb for the rear. The bulb light on but not braking is the same as the 1157 stock bulb, but when braking is applied the 2357 LL filament is 25% brighter. The draw back is a much shorter life span. Stock 1157 bulbs is rated at 1200 hours. The LL (long life) edition of the 2357 is 600 hours, vs a non LL at 400 hours.

I figure if I get 2 years out of the 1 bulb, I still have another. As I got it as a 2 pack. I can see the difference in brightness in the day. I have not tested it at night yet.

The low light filament is rated at 5000 hours for both 1157 and 2357.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back