• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got mine back from the dealer, they installed the heated grips and 12v accessory socket for me. I wanted them to do it so that if anything went wrong, it's going to be covered by warranty and extended warranty. I'll do the rest, starting tomorrow afternoon, planning on centerstand first, then all the stuff for saddlebags and rear carrier, then on to light bar and deflectors. Already have the fenda extenda on front, waiting on skidmarx hugger to get here for rear after taking off the pyramid hugger after I messed up the single plastic tie.

frozenpoet, can you tell me what particular parts you used for the barkbusters? I want to put some on mine, but have no idea of what the mounting option is with the stock Honda heated grips, especially on the outer end. I'd appreciate part numbers, anything, and where you got yours. I've looked at twisted throttle so far, have no idea of what I'd need.

Just got mine back from the dealer, they installed the heated grips and 12v accessory socket for me. I wanted them to do it so that if anything went wrong, it's going to be covered by warranty and extended warranty. I'll do the rest, starting tomorrow afternoon, planning on centerstand first, then all the stuff for saddlebags and rear carrier, then on to light bar and deflectors. Already have the fenda extenda on front, waiting on skidmarx hugger to get here for rear after taking off the pyramid hugger after I messed up the single plastic tie.

Did you try contacting Pyramid for a replacement zip tie or get the spec for it to find one locally? Just curious.

Are you interested in selling the Pyramid hugger?

searsboy, yes I am interested in selling the pyramid. I have ordered and expect soon new ties, 24 inch long, black, 175 pound, which is what pyramid uses. The dealer didn't have any extra and it would take weeks for them to get them from UK, so I ordered them on ebay. They should be here by Monday at the latest. If you want it, it's yours with a couple of extra ties just in case. I also used some fairly thick double-sided tape on the front side of the hugger to take up some slack and keep it from rubbing on the swingarm. I'll gladly include more than you need. I'll have to look up what I paid for it, we can talk about price then. Here's the link on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-NC700...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I paid $119.99 total. PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the chain maintanance today. It's been over 25 years since I've had a chain drive bike. The grunge tool and cleaner products these days make it so ez! No chain adjustment needed (750 miles on the bike).

Installed my GIVI S950 so i can finally have my iPhone 5 GPS to help me with navigation. :D

28hk4fm.jpg

2d1odpz.jpg

j6sx1g.jpg

2501qfk.jpg

This is great and for sharing / posting. It appears this is available in the US. Can you share your experience on if you made any mods to fit your iPhone 5 in it? Also, is there a way to charge the phone while in this case?

I installed heated grips, a water proof 12 V accessory port and a garage door opener with a micro switch. Does Honda really need to use that many types of fasteners to hold the side panels on?

Last edited:
Road about 50 miles around the Bay Area. Filled up for the first time. Sort of a pain holding the vapor recovery jacket on the nozzle back while filling. Got home and decide it was warm enough to install the leg wind and foot wind guards. Easy. Then started to look at raising the seat front to remove the slope (like posting on this forum). After safely drilling holes to mount the spacers, I dropped an Allen wrench in the hole at the seat front and spent an hour removing plastic to try and find it! Never did. Everything is now back together, except I have one rubber bumper and one hex bolt left over!?! Guess what I'm doing tomorrow ?

This might sound odd, but your loose parts might be recoverable by giving the underside a few good open palm thumps with your hand. There's a few shelf-like areas in that under side that can hold dropped screws and nuts. I was able to coax out a nut (from the passenger seat) that fell down there. I started trying to disassemble and became frustrated. That's when I thought about trying to knock it loose. First thump let me know the loose part was there. After a few more thumps, the nut had fallen loose. Saved me a few hours of exploratory surgery and I haven't gotten the shop manual so I'm sure it saved a lot of broken tabs as well.

Tabs!! Those little devils are surprisingly tricky for my fingers to open and close, but I did get them all back in place. I found this link showing parts to order and exploded assembly diagrams and was able to identify where the "left over" rubber stopper belonged. When I removed the seat, I also saw where I'd missed replacing one of the hex screws. Now, if that darn wrench would fall out!? I keep imagining it shorting the battery terminals or dropping on the chain at 50MPH....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back