• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
well its still snow and ice were i am and im only 3rd part f/t so dropping it is not an option I can afford, but my new insurance kicks in at the beginning of feb so im gona chance it then!

santa brought some toys, so i installed the ones that weren't too time consuming...

First up, triumph fork protectors:

2012-12-25_14-49-37_789 by treybrad, on flickr

2012-12-25_14-49-18_48 by treybrad, on flickr

easy fit, look good. Hopefully they'll do the job and save me any dings in the fork tubes.

Next up, cal sci medium screen:

2012-12-25_14-50-31_161 by treybrad, on flickr

2012-12-25_15-32-40_476 by treybrad, on flickr

like others have said... I'm a little underwhelmed by the final finish of it given the price tag. Sharp edges with pretty rough cuts on the angles, and the overall curve wasn't exactly right, though it did seem to form into shape when bolted in. Tough to say how the protection is yet -- we had 30 mph winds today when i went for a test ride, but i think it'll be a big improvement.

Also recently installed was the centerstand my wife ordered for my birthday mid-november. It finally came in, so i installed it last week. So nice to finally have it on. No pics, you'll just have to trust me :)

merry christmas and happy holidays to everyone ;)

trey
warning these fork guards will not work with honda light bar. Dale

Went for a good ride about 70 miles, temp 55-60 f. Beautiful day, alot of sunshine. Then made and installed the bracket to raise the front of the seat to make it level, does work.

warning these fork guards will not work with honda light bar. Dale

Thanks! Good to know. My plan was the Givi crash bars if I get anything, I'll be sure to pay attention to that area though -- wouldn't have thought of it.

Went for a good ride about 70 miles, temp 55-60 f. Beautiful day, alot of sunshine. Then made and installed the bracket to raise the front of the seat to make it level, does work.

You like the seat? That's on my list of things for this weekend. Have any pics of what you used to make the bumpers / tongue bracket? Still not sure what'd be best to use...

trey

View attachment 2565View attachment 2566
I installed my OEM centerstand. EZ install and a nice product from Honda...I love it when things fit properly! I also made a keyknob for the trunk. Ace Hardware had and cut the blank for $2.99 and the knob was around a dollar. The knob has a setscrew to help secure the key, but I used gorilla glue to anchor it. Since I cut it off and made it shorter this key will not work for the ignition. I have my driveway gate and garage door openers velco'd to the underside of the trunk lid and this knob will allow me to open the trunk without shutting off the bike.

Last edited:
Searsboy,What was the number for the blank? Have several made aat Ace Hardware.

I didn't save the receipt and not sure you can make out the pic, but the the blank is ILCO. The number on the top left is
X265 and the top right number is HD109. The Ace I went to has the old school key machine. The guy knew right away it was a motorcycle key and went right to a selection. Home Depot AND my Honda dealer just gave me that "duh" look...yeah, you know the one! The pic is of a second key I had made. At $2.99 a pop, why not? I think it's a good idea to carry a spare on a roadtrip!!! BTW: the Honda dealer wanted $18 for a blank!!!

Attachments

• key blank.JPG
    key blank.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Installed the R&G radiator guard after getting it back from worthless dealer scumbags.

Was it from Unobtainium?

Almost!!! They had to order it. It took about a month to get in. I hate to admit it, but I couldn't find an aftermarket blank so I bought the gold plated blank from the dealer. Then I had a hard time finding someone that could cut it. That's when I came across the Ace Hardware with blanks. I put the OEM blank back in my pocket! I'm not sure if I'll return it or not. The blanks from the hardware store seem kinda cheap...very EZ to cut down and alter size. I may need to redo the knob at some point and the OEM may be stronger. Yeah...that's the ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back