• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good. I saw a thread on these here last year so I use one and find it usefull. I had used a shorter blank so it will not work in ignition but does on frunk.If you forget it in frunk you may lose your contents, other way guy could use it to start bike on ride off not good! Same locksmith cut me a spare ignition as well have one hidden on bike,couple more at home. I have lost keys before. Very useful mod.

68 degrees...sunny in PM. Enjoyed the weather and rode with my 7 year old for the first time on the NC.

After finishing my honey do list I installed the grill guard that tew47 recommended. Fit fine and helps dress up the front view nicely. I topped off the tank and explored some random Bay Area back roads. I've found I can finally enjoy randomly taking roads, rights and lefts just for the fun of the g-forces, relaxed in knowing I can always select "home" and get GPS directions from my mounted and powered iPhone. Speaking of modern conveniences, I've only put about 250 miles on this bike, but I don't think I'll ever buy a manual shift bike again. While my left foot still hunts for the gear shift lever when a green light turns yellow, my left thumb likes down shifting before turns and lights at the push of a button.

Will go in to see him in the garage ... still too cold and snowy to go out on a ride ... can't help myself to envy all you people in the sunny places ... of course you all miss rides in freezing rains ...

View attachment 2565View attachment 2566
I installed my OEM centerstand. EZ install and a nice product from Honda...I love it when things fit properly! I also made a keyknob for the trunk. Ace Hardware had and cut the blank for $2.99 and the knob was around a dollar. The knob has a setscrew to help secure the key, but I used gorilla glue to anchor it. Since I cut it off and made it shorter this key will not work for the ignition. I have my driveway gate and garage door openers velco'd to the underside of the trunk lid and this knob will allow me to open the trunk without shutting off the bike.

I used then rubber end piece off a crutch. lol

Well, it was a nice 75 degrees today (in contrast to the winter storm with freezing rain that we had yesterday), so I rode. All the way up to the Pentagon. Plentiful parking galore and smooth roads all the way. It was nice.

Then, lubed up the old chain and put her away til tomorrow, when it's supposed to be in the upper 30s again. :.(

Well, it was a nice 75 degrees today (in contrast to the winter storm with freezing rain that we had yesterday), so I rode. All the way up to the Pentagon. Plentiful parking galore and smooth roads all the way. It was nice.

Then, lubed up the old chain and put her away til tomorrow, when it's supposed to be in the upper 30s again. :.(

Yup, and I only had one class today so I hit some back roads. Overall a good ride other than all the gravel on the road, couldn't push the corners hard because of it.
394892_10151201681306533_1210172254_n_zpsaf5f6e66.jpg

Aaaaand when I got home.

530750_10151201681551533_1320241833_n_zps6611e430.jpg

269357_10151201681711533_2133828563_n_zps4201026f.jpg

46856_10151201681526533_2126054160_n_zps147d9acb.jpg

O, and when I got home I washed her off and did a better job of hiding the wires for my heated grips and heated pants.

Last edited:
View attachment 2565View attachment 2566
I installed my OEM centerstand. EZ install and a nice product from Honda...I love it when things fit properly! I also made a keyknob for the trunk. Ace Hardware had and cut the blank for $2.99 and the knob was around a dollar. The knob has a setscrew to help secure the key, but I used gorilla glue to anchor it. Since I cut it off and made it shorter this key will not work for the ignition. I have my driveway gate and garage door openers velco'd to the underside of the trunk lid and this knob will allow me to open the trunk without shutting off the bike.

I used a Honda Gold Wing audio knob. I inserted the key into the tank lock and using some tape marked the point level with the surface of the lock's beauty ring. Cut the key so that it protrudes 9mm from that mark. Mixed up some Epoxy Glue and poured it into the center portion of the knob. Dipped the drilled key's base in the glue and pushed that into the slot in the knob, making sure it protrudes perpendicular to the knob. Fits like a glove!

Knob.jpgKey.jpg

Last edited:
Installed MFW lowering pegs which then required adjusting the rear brake pedal and gear shifter. Installed the SW Motech rear rack. Played with the Gears Canada Navigator tail bag. Looks like it will hold enough for a good trip. Still need to install SW Motech engine guard and Admore LED break light bar. Storms coming through so I had to stop on the installations. Yep FedEx and UPS delivered goodies today!
I need to figure out how to make a low backrest that I can mount on the rear rack so my daughter won’t feel like she is going to slide off.

Loopy weather in VA for sure. Are you 100% sure about tomorrow being in the 30s? Our forecast an hour south says 75 during the day with severe T-Storms in the late evening. They're saving the snow for Saturday.

Either way, I had a wonderful day of riding as well with a nice long lunch break to enjoy thanks to a botched/canceled appointment.

I also found out that the Givi stuff I ordered a month or so back should be on it's way to my dealer now. That should make commuting a lot easier.

Loopy weather in VA for sure. Are you 100% sure about tomorrow being in the 30s? Our forecast an hour south says 75 during the day with severe T-Storms in the late evening. They're saving the snow for Saturday.

Either way, I had a wonderful day of riding as well with a nice long lunch break to enjoy thanks to a botched/canceled appointment.

I also found out that the Givi stuff I ordered a month or so back should be on it's way to my dealer now. That should make commuting a lot easier.

Yeah, thankfully we have a stay of execution on the 30s. That's Friday. Tomorrow, it seems we're destined for severe thunderstorms. Ah spring. Wait...we haven't even had groundhog day yet!

Yeah, thankfully we have a stay of execution on the 30s. That's Friday. Tomorrow, it seems we're destined for severe thunderstorms. Ah spring. Wait...we haven't even had groundhog day yet!

I know, right?!

I honestly don't mind the cold and all, but the local VDOT response is upsetting. They throw enough sand down to make asphalt look like a beach. There's no rhyme or reason to it but it makes hard (fun) cornering a bad idea until the April showers wash it all away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back