• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed Fromotion compass and thermometer. Used top bolts of Madstadd. Need to bend Fromotion brackets a bit to line up. Great quality products.
photo-1.JPG

I rode my NC to a hill last night, Jebel Hafeet-UAE, through a 11 km length twisty road. Not that long of a joyful twisty road, but enjoyable enough.

Funny thing is my NC became an attraction to passer by on the parking place. Not sure whether its because of motorcycling not yet being a sub-culture in UAE so motorcycle is rarely seen or NC700 is a really good looking bike to them.

The pics of them posing on my NC:
jabalhafeet.jpg

I followed Beemerphile also in installing my Givi engine guards. I had no problems with engine guards going down at 65 mph in Alaska. The engine guards did their job perfect.

Installed my Givi guards.

Untitled by treybrad, on Flickr

trey

Hey pal, I see you have the cycra pro bends on the bike, I'm trying to fit mine with one if those, could you take more pics of how it's mounted? I'm kinda having issues of the clearance with the handle bar clamps clearing the wind screen while fully locked. More pictures would be appreciated pal. Thanks !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I rode my NC to a hill last night, Jebel Hafeet-UAE, through a 11 km length twisty road. Not that long of a joyful twisty road, but enjoyable enough.

Funny thing is my NC became an attraction to passer by on the parking place. Not sure whether its because of motorcycling not yet being a sub-culture in UAE so motorcycle is rarely seen or NC700 is a really good looking bike to them.

The pics of them posing on my NC:
View attachment 8303

Yeah, when I was in Jordan, the only bikes around were the Police. They were on older CB750s (looked like the nighthawk 700s that we had but with a fairing.) Different story in Israel though. Lots of scooters and motos there.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

Yeah, when I was in Jordan, the only bikes around were the Police. They were on older CB750s (looked like the nighthawk 700s that we had but with a fairing.) Different story in Israel though. Lots of scooters and motos there..

In Abu Dhabi, the sub-cultures for cars are already developed. you can find almost all kind of cars, from budget to luxury cars. there are also events like drifting, sand-dunning and car racing (Abu Dhabi Circuit/Yas Island is on F1 race schedule). As for motorcycles, you can find most of the time on the street the delivery bikes, with single-cylinder engine less than 200cc displacement and big box of storage on the tail. You can see bigger bikes and scooters mostly during week-end on the beach road, popular place to visit in here. Maybe in the future when population increases and traffic worsens, there will be more bikes.

Last edited:
I traded mine in today. For a Pan. I really did like the NC, but I miss the power of a big bike (I had an FZ1 before the NC) and I could not get the screen to work for me at all. I had less buffeting on the FZ than I did on the NC. I do quite a lot of motorway miles and at 70mph the buffeting was driving me mad and the seat was not suited to me. I will miss the economy and handling and I liked the look of the bike a lot too. Glad I had one but wish I'd bought a Pan in the first place. It's a great bike the NC but doesn't fit my wants and life is too short not to enjoy it now while I can. I have wasted a fortune on Farkles to try and turn it into something it isn't but you live and learn :eek:

DSC_6756-XL.jpg

IMG_1797-L.jpg

This past week I installed Race Tech Gold Valves, did my valve check, changed the coolant, and installed my fender extender. Kinda unfortunate that I missed out on some good riding days (it was cooler and rainy early last week), but I needed to take advantage of the cooler weather to do the work. Gold Valves are wonderful things in these forks!

MZ5, what settings did you use for the emulators, and what oil did you install? Just curious.

Greg

Got my first oil change done. One note, if using the screw driver trick to remove the old filter, don't use an old wooden handled driver. Snapped like a dry twig and a lot more difficult to work with without the handle. Oops! New center stand is the next project.

MZ5, what settings did you use for the emulators, and what oil did you install? Just curious.

Greg

I basically just went with what RT's tech support suggested on the settings:
Blue springs, 2 turns of preload
Oil level 120mm down from the top (IIRC?)

I used Red Line fork oil-- mixed at a ratio of 55% "medium," 45% "heavy." This duplicates Race Tech's '15w' oil's viscosity @ 40C, but is a much higher viscosity index mix, for better stability across temperatures.

I weigh ~185 lbs before gearing up. Why in the world do they want to know what you weigh _without_ gear? It would be so very much simpler and more precise to find out what a rider weighs _as they sit_ on the bike. Oh, well...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back