• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Painting black the pillion grab rails with electrostatic painting.

2mc9ld1.jpg

5vudmr.jpg

25as0mf.jpg

2mmfdid.jpg

All my parts have now shipped and most have arrived. The center stand should be here hopefully tomorrow. That means this weekend I get to install the new front fender and broken side shroud I banged up learning to ride, install the top box heated grips and 12V power this weekend. Time to turn that stack of parts into a stack of packaging.

Installed adjustable lowering links and an adjustable sidestand from Soupy's. The directions sucked, but the install went smooth anyway and took about an hour and a half. I spent more time setting up than actually turning wrenches! I lowered the rear about an inch and left the forks stock.
I was flat footed on the bike, but wanted to see if lowering it would improve the sloping seat issue. The centerstand still works, but not near as ez to get the bike up on it now.
Next weekend I plan to head for Arkansas for a week long ride. Will update information on handling and seat comfort, or lack thereof, when I get back.

While I am currently recovering from a self induced shoulder issue, I was able to put on my new Smoke MRA Windscreen with front spoiler. I screwed up my shoulder last week, trying to pop over a "curb" on my Trek. Instead of over, I wheelied into it and jolted my left shoulder bad enough that I fear I tore a tendon. I can't raise it at all. It bends at the elbow, painlessly but any vertical attempt is a waste of time. It ain't coming up.:( I had ordered the MRA from Twisted Throttle before I hurt myself. I think it is going to help a lot for me, 5'8" 220lbs. It is twice as wide as the stock screen, yet the handlebars don't hit on the high setting. DSCN2239.jpgDSCN2238.jpgDSCN2236.jpgDSCN2235.jpg

Ordered a USB connector at Burns Moto and some female plugs for the Honda electrical accessory harness at the Eastern Beaver. When I get these my Tomtom GPS will get permanently power connected and I will in addition have a standard USB connector in the frunk for charging USB device purposes.

3p110_0261.jpg

usb-wp.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered a USB connector at Burns Moto and some female plugs for the Honda electrical accessory harness at the Eastern Beaver. When I get these my Tomtom GPS will get permanently power connected and I will in addition have a standard USB connector in the frunk for charging USB device purposes

Getting ready for the new riding season? :)

Getting ready for the new riding season? :)

Oh yes. And I am anxious too! This year the winter period has been going on far too long. Last year we could ride all March, but this year we still got plenty of snow everywhere... Life is not fair! :) The weather gods are telling us that no change in weather is to be seen for the coming 10 days at least.

Well, I used to have my older Rider GPS alternatively mounted on the NC and my other bike, a Deauville. Now I bought the new Rider (XL version) which permanently have been mounted on the Deauville, and the old smaller Rider will get attached to the NC. For this I bought the separate sold charging dock/holder for the GPS. And while I am to it (stripping the bike of the tupperware) I will add the USB port for charging purposes of my iPhone and so. Then all 3 connectors of the Honda power harness will be occupied by the heated grips, the GPS and also the USB port. The plan is to do it once I get the ordered parts which should be by next week or so. But by then we would most likely still have snow out there though...

Btw José, I got some friends in the Barca area telling me that you got colder weather now compared to what it used to be, but it should be quite "ridable" now, isn't it?

Btw José, I got some friends in the Barca area telling me that you got colder weather now compared to what it used to be, but it should be quite "ridable" now, isn't it?

A lot of more rain than usual, but it's ridable anyway, at least for me!

Oh yes. And I am anxious too! This year the winter period has been going on far too long. Last year we could ride all March, but this year we still got plenty of snow everywhere... Life is not fair! :) The weather gods are telling us that no change in weather is to be seen for the coming 10 days at least.

Well, I used to have my older Rider GPS alternatively mounted on the NC and my other bike, a Deauville. Now I bought the new Rider (XL version) which permanently have been mounted on the Deauville, and the old smaller Rider will get attached to the NC. For this I bought the separate sold charging dock/holder for the GPS. And while I am to it (stripping the bike of the tupperware) I will add the USB port for charging purposes of my iPhone and so. Then all 3 connectors of the Honda power harness will be occupied by the heated grips, the GPS and also the USB port. The plan is to do it once I get the ordered parts which should be by next week or so. But by then we would most likely still have snow out there though...

Build one of these and ride all winter !!!

a3etyteb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took mine out for about a 20-mile ride today, first time since I installed the Honda tall windscreen. It's usually windy here, a little more today than normal. The windscreen makes a wonderful still place under about 40 mph, around 45 the buffeting starts, and at 50 and above, it's like having my head in a blender. the vibration is so bad that my vision blurs. Whatever it cost, that was wasted money. Back to the stock little windscreen. Not only that, but my hands go numb in about 5 minutes. I'll try to adjust the bars and see if bringing them closer to me will make a difference, but that's been a problem every time I've ridden it. It truly seems that this bike just will not fit me, no matter how hard I try.

...and at 50 and above, it's like having my head in a blender. The vibration is so bad that my vision blurs. Whatever it cost, that was wasted money.
That is very much the same reason why I returned this screen the day after I bought it. To me it was/is a terribly product. Finally I found the PUIG screen instead and it works as a wonder in comparison. I do recommend that screen as an alternative for those who are not satisfied with the larger Honda screen.

Not only that, but my hands go numb in about 5 minutes. I'll try to adjust the bars and see if bringing them closer to me will make a difference, but that's been a problem every time I've ridden it. It truly seems that this bike just will not fit me, no matter how hard I try.

I believe that a bike needs to be fitted to its driver like an orthotic brace. It is a shame that bikes come with so little adjustability. Cars have tilt steering wheels and many ways that the seat is adjustable. Mine has adjustable throttle and brake pedals. But on bikes, we are asked to adapt to the bike rather than the other way around. Some people are young and limber enough to do it. I myself am old and creaky with advancing arthritis - plus my love is 1000 mile days. So ergonomic changes are necessary, no matter what the scope of modification. Once done though, I can ride my bike much farther without discomfort than I can ride in a very good car.

For my comfort, the first step was to get wrist deviation to a neutral position. For me this required aftermarket handlebars with adjustable risers. The next was heated grips to soothe the arthritis and foam grip puppies to provide additional vibration absorption and a larger gripping diameter. Finally, I installed a simple throttle fixing (cruise control) device so that I could remove my hands from the bars for a break.

Until the manufacturers get on board, it is all we can do. I have never had a bike that worked "out-of-the-box", but I have always been able to find a set-up that works for any bike.

I believe that a bike needs to be fitted to its driver like an orthotic brace. It is a shame that bikes come with so little adjustability. Cars have tilt steering wheels and many ways that the seat is adjustable. Mine has adjustable throttle and brake pedals. But on bikes, we are asked to adapt to the bike rather than the other way around. Some people are young and limber enough to do it. I myself am old and creaky with advancing arthritis - plus my love is 1000 mile days. So ergonomic changes are necessary, no matter what the scope of modification. Once done though, I can ride my bike much farther without discomfort than I can ride in a very good car.

For my comfort, the first step was to get wrist deviation to a neutral position. For me this required aftermarket handlebars with adjustable risers. The next was heated grips to soothe the arthritis and foam grip puppies to provide additional vibration absorption and a larger gripping diameter. Finally, I installed a simple throttle fixing (cruise control) device so that I could remove my hands from the bars for a break.

Until the manufacturers get on board, it is all we can do. I have never had a bike that worked "out-of-the-box", but I have always been able to find a set-up that works for any bike.

This post is spot on! I'm making my NC fit my needs. At least we didn't have to spend $20,000 on the bike before the metamorphosis.
I don't have heated grips yet but I may have to come up with a heated knee pad for the 0-20 degree days.

I finally got around to mounting my denali micro lights. Also added some black reflective tape to my hand guards and the side of the bike as others have done here. Not quite finished with the tape, but this is what I have so far. Two pics one with out flash and one with. Please excuse the crappy cell phone pictures..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364658719270.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364658719270.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 194
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364658738395.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364658738395.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 192
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364658887411.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364658887411.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 192
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364658908121.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364658908121.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 191
I could do 1000 miles in a day on the NC, but man, it took me 12 hrs to go 700 miles thursday. I was happy though, I did 2000 miles in four days, camped at night, and was hardly sore when I was done... with the stock seat no less.

Last year I did 2500 miles in 5 days on the cbr, when I was done I didn't ride her again for about a month lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back