• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... not today, but throughout my holiday period I've added following:

• Honda centerstand
• Grip Puppies
• SW-MoTech Barkbusters handguards
• SW-MoTech engine crashbars
• R&G Racing radiator guard
• R&G Racing shocktube
• R&G Racing tail tidy
• telephone mount on the handlebar

Pictures will go into specific topics.

Still more on the wishlist than on to-spend list... :p

Went for ride to give the new owner of my DL650 some items he forgot when he bought it. I have not had this much fun on a bike since my old Transalp. Light , nimble, steady , and easy on the body. Did back roads, 4 lane, expressway and traffic in Austin. Temps started at 80 at 9am and 99 at end at 5:30pm .... never was really uncomfortable except in my butt, did not wear the LD wear. Installed GIVI windshield and while better than Honda big shield (for me at least) still thinking about something else. The red blinking fuel light flashed and then 10 miles later it took 2.99 gallons of fuel.... I thought the 700X has a 4.3 gallon tank ... Everything was perfect (especially the twisty back roads) except for 75+ on the slab, may be just my experience with the GL at 80+, but this one is a keeper, not perfect, but close enough to be #1 in the list. I wonder if a top box and small bags will alter the ride .... I'm having more fun than I have in a long time... Tomorrow back to work (sorta) but I'll be on the 700X ... :)

Went for ride to give the new owner of my DL650 some items he forgot when he bought it. I have not had this much fun on a bike since my old Transalp. Light , nimble, steady , and easy on the body. Did back roads, 4 lane, expressway and traffic in Austin. Temps started at 80 at 9am and 99 at end at 5:30pm .... never was really uncomfortable except in my butt, did not wear the LD wear. Installed GIVI windshield and while better than Honda big shield (for me at least) still thinking about something else. The red blinking fuel light flashed and then 10 miles later it took 2.99 gallons of fuel.... I thought the 700X has a 4.3 gallon tank ... Everything was perfect (especially the twisty back roads) except for 75+ on the slab, may be just my experience with the GL at 80+, but this one is a keeper, not perfect, but close enough to be #1 in the list. I wonder if a top box and small bags will alter the ride .... I'm having more fun than I have in a long time... Tomorrow back to work (sorta) but I'll be on the 700X ... :)

3.7 gallon tank. .7 gallons left when the light or not light blinks.

I added the Flash-2-Pass garage door opener yesterday. Today, I picked up my Honda brand heated grips, wiring harness, and relay. I'll need to pull some plastic soon.

Oil filter/oil changed today (1300km on the clock).

Had absolutely no time to enjoy the bike after (had to be in the office like 40 mins later)... but have the weekend off (well, working the door Friday night, so hopefully will wake up Saturday around noon and enjoy freshly tanked NC for the rest of the weekend). :cool:

Spent the morning at Sargent in Jacksonville, FL getting my seat redone. After had a great lunch and fellowship with Dduelin and then a nice ride back north to Brunswick by way of St Johns River Ferry, up coast to Fernandino Beach then on to Brunswick, GA. Based on the 110 mile ride the seat is a major improvement.

I would like to see some pics of Scotland next time u are out.the castle. you have and country are beautiful .

Mounted the PR3 on the front this morning. Being lower profile it was a bit harder to do than the back. Took it out for a test ride and so far I like the PR3s. A little bit noisier than the Z8s. They handle dirt/gravel roads better than the Z8s. They do stick well for new tires though I did have the front try to washout on a 90 degree right so I've got to remember to take it easy for a while. Also trying Ride-On since so many on the forum have good things to say for it.

Yesterday actually (Sunday) - Longest single-day ride so far 585 miles in about nine hours - about half of it was bright sunny and half overcast with some sprinkles and an occasional downpour. Pulled together the numbers - used ~8.4gals premium, that yields ~69.6mpg.

Last edited:
Use your down time to plan and buy all the stuff for the WABDR next July !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, are you putting a NC700X trip together on the WABDR next year. I rode some of it last July/2012. Took my XR650L from Ellensburg north to Lake Conconully, looped up to the border and back to Ellensburg. I don't know what was WABDR and what was not. I just tried to keep up and not fall off. It was too fast a group for me. I think this group would be my speed.

NC700X Forum WABDR - July 2014. I'd be in for that. :cool::cool:

When the MTBDR is done I'll put that one together. I am already putting my own route together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back