• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found two good videos on you tube of this ride. For sure this is an all out camping trip!

WABDR SECTION 1 - STEVENSON TO PACKWOOD - YouTube

WABDR SECTION 2 - PACKWOOD TO ELLENSBURG - YouTube

I'll bring lots of extra toilet paper, something tells me I'll need it.

Awesome ... all 6 sections are there.... Sure would need to strengthen up my legs and get my dirt skills improved.. That looks like work in a fun sorta way... Maybe next year ... need to do some training ...

Thanks for fixing my screw-up! My eyes don't work so well with my phone anymore. I like the big screen on my laptop more and more everyday.

Installed my MV Vario 30mm MFW Vario Extension Arms. Now to go for a ride to test them. :)
photo-4.jpeg

Plan to take a ride in morning before I head out of town on business. Won't be long ride but will report how they feel. Figure every bit will help my knees. Easy install. Bought from Twisted Throttle through my dealer. Real test will be heading up to Horizons Unlimited in NC Thursday.

You have to buy one of the three styles of foot pegs from Vario.

Plan to take a ride in morning before I head out of town on business. Won't be long ride but will report how they feel. Figure every bit will help my knees. Easy install. Bought from Twisted Throttle through my dealer. Real test will be heading up to Horizons Unlimited in NC Thursday.

You have to buy one of the three styles of foot pegs from Vario.

I have those with the same pegs in chrome. They drop the knee down about an inch. Wish they had an off-road peg for them.

They are $22 each here with new seals.
My winter project is turn my X into
ADV.X!!!.
I'm going to replace my Givi E36's with ammo cans and build a gaurd around them that combined with the crash bars I'm building and the hand gaurds should keep the bike safe for the falls that will happen in the WABDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Internet they are 20.00 to 30.00 a piece for new plus shipping.you can get some with light rust for 10.00.i think i got a good deal.

I've been contemplating about putting on some heavy duty luggage on my bike. When I bought my Givi E55 and V35's, I thought about how much a little get-off would cost.

A KLR wouldn't look right without ammo cans on it.

Last edited:
Installed my MV Vario 30mm MFW Vario Extension Arms. Now to go for a ride to test them. :)
photo-4.jpeg
Took a 110 mile ride. They are a definite improvement. My knees could use even more, but 50mm would be too much impact on ground clearance in curves and not enough adjustment for brake for 50mm. Eventually I will put highway pegs on crash bars.

When you install don't forget to adjust brake light switch when you adjust pedal.

usynenum.jpg
I finally took her off road today. They were maintained gravel roads, but for me right now that's about as off road as I'm comfortable with. I've never been off road before, almost bit it going slow in some deep gravel but managed to keep her upright and got out of it so I could park where it was firmer ground.

Last edited:
Went to work, my last appointment forgot to call me in to the front gate and had their phone off, so I got out three hours early. Went up to the hills via some dirt/gravel/disintegrated pavement. Suspension work just moved farther up my to-do list. Came back down the hill through some nice curves, I think my PR2 is properly broken in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back