• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put together and installed a tool tube and did a little chain maintenance, now if everything goes my way I'll be heading out for an overnight camping trip off the bike tomorrow!

I wanted a small rack to go on the givi rear rack.I needed something small for a tail bag but didn't want to buy something because I'm always changing my mind.so in December we got a new refrigerator. I took the metal rack out that was in the middle,a shelf.been thinking on it and came up with this rack.the pics are from the start to finish and it works out perfect for the bag.
rarybupe.jpg
9edabehe.jpg
4a7a5e4e.jpg

Posted by muskieken View Post
well traded-in the nc
11 months put 2535 miles on it.
lost 1100 on the trade ,, so was happy to get that much back on it.
new ride is Honda st

Sorry to hear about trading in the NC... :(

Congrats on the ST though. I have both of these bikes at this time and love them both. I had my ST for 7 years now. Be advise that the Alternator will "Go Out" at about 60k to 65k miles, that's a fact. My went out at about 63k, that was about $1,300 repair. This is not a job you want to tackle yourself. It requires tearing the entire top of the engine apart and removing the throttle bodies going through the area beneath the fuel tank. The labor was only $350, while the alternator was the bulk of that amount.

thanks for the warning,,, i found a good dealer price wise. so good in that,, i got the extended warranty on it.(good for 7 years ) was worried about getting the extra warranty , but got it at a great price.
ps only put 6.5 miles on the st,, was 23 degrees outside , love the wind protection.

Last edited:
Sad to say another very rainy weekend so no rides for my wife and me and her NCX needs no work or anymore farkles until she can get some seat time and tell me what she wants/needs. I was happy though to use the weekend for some much needed maintenance on the FJR. New plugs, throttle body sync, bled the brakes and clutch, cleaned and recharged the K&N air filter, changed the oil, filter and final drive oil. All set for nicer weather...come on spring give me a dry day please!

ps only put 6.5 miles on the st,, was 23 degrees outside , love the wind protection.

See, I told you... :eek:

My alternator went out after the Extended Warrant had expired a few months before. It came with the bike when I bought used. I asked my dealer about the warranty and they said that only the "Original Owner" could have extended it. I had to use it a total of 3 times. I had the "MAP Sensor" go out on my twice and the headlight adjustment motor too. The MAP Senor will flash a "Code" into the ECU, while the Fuel Pump will not. Just be aware of these conditions.

Last edited:
Been thinking on it and came up with this rack. the pics are from the start to finish and it works out perfect for the bag.

4a7a5e4e.jpg

That's cool!!! You can also "Grill Up" some burgers and dogs too. ;)

Don't feel bad, a buddy of mine called the rear box on my bike a Weber BBQ. He was poking fun at me about me selling Bacon Wrapped Wieners and Popsicles out of the "Frunk". Just having some fun...

Brillot: my best friend called me last night and asked me if I put the toupee in the garage. Actually a sheep skin cover :)-helps with the butt soreness, keep butt warmer in the winter. I sometimes take it off during the summer.

Got new Texas state inspection sticker and new Texas license plate sticker. Unreal line at court house. I believe half the county got there at the same time.2.jpg

SmileyLicensePlate.jpg

00.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back