• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am "Total Honda Buff"!!!

My best friend at the time had a Yamaha 650 Turbo Seca, fast bike too.

My best friend has a Yamaha 650 Turbo Seca too. My bike was in the shop so my buddy was running me somewhere. We were on a two lane each direction street and he was in the far right lane. For no reason at all and without warning he decided to make a u-turn. Two seconds later I found myself hood surfing on a brand new IROCK Z. Still had window stikers. Needless to say his bike was sitting next to mine in the same shop later that day. :rolleyes: Memories

Got new Texas state inspection sticker and new Texas license plate sticker. Unreal line at court house. I believe half the county got there at the same time.View attachment 15563

View attachment 15564

View attachment 15565

Montana issues a permanent plate when you first license the bike, and then you are done. No more registrations and no inspections, unless you want to license a bike for the street that the manufacturer never intended for the street. 5 minute look over by the local cop and on your way.

What's this state inspection sticker you speak of? Move to a state without state inspections :), even Hoosierville got rid of vehicle inspections 40 years ago.
Don't have to be a Yankee, just go 100 miles east to be a Cajun and no inspection. None here in Georgia either. While I was living there Florida and Arkansas dropped theirs.

When I lived in Austin a TV station did an undercover where they had a car inspected, took the sticker off, and had it reinsepected multiple times at other stations. More than half the inspection stations charged them to adjust the headlights.

What's this state inspection sticker you speak of?

California does not have any Vehicle Safety Inspections. I heard about them before from my grandfather that they did back in the 60's and earily 70's.

They should though for all the "Crap" you'll find out on the streets and highways out here. Some of this stuff allowed on the road has "Stuff" falling of it or will some time soon. There's a lot of "Street Racer Modifications" and other monstrosities that have either 2 or 4 wheels. You would be surprised to see what’s all out here…

Don't have to be a Yankee, just go 100 miles east to be a Cajun and no inspection. None here in Georgia either. While I was living there Florida and Arkansas dropped theirs.

When I lived in Austin a TV station did an undercover where they had a car inspected, took the sticker off, and had it reinsepected multiple times at other stations. More than half the inspection stations charged them to adjust the headlights.
HaHa. In my state with no inspection requirements you don't have to even have working headlights, brake lights, or what-have-you and plenty of folks take advantage of that opportunity.

Took off the TKC/K60 combo today after 12,400 miles.It took 30 minutes and a 4 ton jack to break the bead on the K60.
9ejyve4y.jpg

6ysy4evy.jpg

nadejamu.jpg

a3uruguj.jpg

a3a5ybym.jpg

ydy7y9ah.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed the Shad seat I bought from Watrboyjon. Had a little bit of an issue getting one of the nuts off the stock back seat. The stud started spinning so ended up having to pull the stud the the seat pan.

Will see how the butt enjoys it on the way to work tomorrow.

yse7y5u6.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Installed the Shad seat I bought from Watrboyjon. Had a little bit of an issue getting one of the nuts off the stock back seat. The stud started spinning so ended up having to pull the stud the the seat pan.

yse7y5u6.jpg

Looks like it goes well with the red color.

Thanks, looks very nice with the red. I hope to get the skid plate on next weekend after my 8000 mile maintenance.

yse7y5u6.jpg

Nice PW50! That was my first bike.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

Let us know- it looks good and I am near the Corbin west coast office....

Today marks the third day I've ridden the bike since installing this seat. When you first sit on the bike, the feel is noticeable. The seat is flatter, wider and much firmer than the stock seat. The width causes me to have to raise my heals at a stop while sitting on the bike, where the stock seat I was able to “Flat Foot” it before. I’m 5’ 11” in height with 30-31” inseam.

I was riding around yesterday in over 80°. The seat was not very comfortable in slow moving traffic, as the leather causes heat to buildup in your “Rump”. Possibly it would be better in cooler weather or on the highway with a constant flow of air to reduce “Rump Overheating” while riding. Also my “Rump” got sore due to the firmness.

I also have a Corbin Seat on my ST1300. Which did the exact same things as described above in the beginning. It took my “Rump” to get used to the seat for a while. Once you do, you will benefit from all this seat has to offer… :)

Nice PW50! That was my first bike.

Trying to get my 3yo son going on the PW50. Right now he is on a Razor electric dirt bike and we are riding an average of 5 miles every night. I think he will graduate to the PW in the next couple weeks. Hope to having him racing at the local MX track by the time he turns 4 in two months.

Puig Wind Deflector #4639H (light tint)

IMG_0196.jpgInstalled a Puig Wind Deflector on my Ermax touring windshield. I was still experiencing a little wind turbulence and noise over the top of the Ermax screen so I thought I would try a Puig defector that I had in the garage cabinet. After installation I went for a test ride. This little deflector really quieted the last of the wind noise. It was a very quiet and turbulence free ride. Just for comparison, I am 6'2" tall with 32" inseam. The ride was exceptional even in heavy traffic and riding into the on-coming wind.:)
The attached photo was taken in my garage after returning from the test ride.:rolleyes:

Finally got around to unwrapping the protective masking tape I had mummified the Nitron shock's preload adjuster and remote reservoir in, during install...:rolleyes:

There's not a lot of room to put these things, as I had imagined. This will do for now, but placement is denied in quite a few various likely seeming spots, due to not wanting too sharp a bend in the hydraulics, or sticking out in the way of an errant boot, or smashed by a rock in a tip over, etc.

nitron res 001.jpg

nitron res 002.jpg

nitron res 003.jpg

So far, the shock doesn't feel too much different than the OEM one, over normal city and highway tarmac roads. If I aim for giant potholes or other poor quality surfaces, it feels great, lol. The real test will obviously be off road, and my evil nemesis: countless miles of washboard corduroy gravel FSR's that want to knock yer fillings out.

Installed a Puig Wind Deflector on my Ermax touring windshield. I was still experiencing a little wind turbulence and noise over the top of the Ermax screen so I thought I would try a Puig defector that I had in the garage cabinet. After installation I went for a test ride. This little deflector really quieted the last of the wind noise. It was a very quiet and turbulence free ride. Just for comparison, I am 6'2" tall with 32" inseam. The ride was exceptional even in heavy traffic and riding into the on-coming wind.:)
The attached photo was taken in my garage after returning from the test ride.:rolleyes:

Does the clip in the middle obscure your vision in anyway or is it distracting? I have a feeling that some type of deflector is in my future for putting on my wife's NCX which has the Puig Touring screen installed. She has already voiced a complaint about wind noise even at sub-highway speeds. I like the low profile look of the Puig deflector you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back