• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sparked a peg today!

buckshot

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty stoked about this right now, just on the way home from work today I got my left peg to throw some sparks on a couple corners. I've been really close the last few days, boots scuffing on the pavement and stuff. Now I just gotta work a little harder on the right side......

Who else has scrapped hardware? What was the first bike you did it on?

Nice...I can drag knee all day but i've wondered how much lower was needed to get to the pegs on my R6 when riding track, but never had the best tires for it. If i had some take-off's with a better profile perhaps. i dont know how these bikes are set up with the tires and peg position but never the less you're riding hard.

Its fun indeed....just make sure you dont run out of tread.

Won't be long before you all will be members of the "clutch-throttle-clutch" gang. Nothing like your first wheelie! Oh, to be young again!

The first bike I touched metal down was no big deal as it was a cruiser with limited ground clearance. I haven't touched anything down on the NC yet and don't plan to as the foot peg and center stand clearance is so good.

Won't be long before you all will be members of the "clutch-throttle-clutch" gang. Nothing like your first wheelie! Oh, to be young again!

HA! I don't know if I'll get the front wheel up on the S any time soon. I feel like I'd need to be sitting on the passenger seat and have a full tank of gas. And a bit of luck. The WR, however, loves to get the front wheel way up there. That thing loves 2nd and 3rd.

The first bike I touched metal down was no big deal as it was a cruiser with limited ground clearance. I haven't touched anything down on the NC yet and don't plan to as the foot peg and center stand clearance is so good.

I expect the NC/X would need to lean more than the S with it's longer legs to get any sparks flyin'. If someone does it on an X though, then props to them.

I imagine I'm not the only one dragging pegs on the X but you can see how much tread is still unused when you do touch.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375223406761.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375223406761.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 175
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375223433997.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375223433997.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 177
Nice! I'm looking forward to getting some different tires on the S. I'm thinking Battlax hypersport S20's. I think that's what they're called.....

I love seeing the occasional Harley guy take a corner and catch a solid mounted peg, that's a high level reality check right there.

I imagine I'm not the only one dragging pegs on the X but you can see how much tread is still unused when you do touch.

I've been trying to tell people here you can drag your pegs on the X and still not reach the edge of the tires, I generally don't because I stop when my toes start touching the ground. Sometimes I'll hit pegs but that's pretty much me using up my safety margin on say an unexpected decreasing radius downhill turn where it's hard to predict the exact entrance speed for the turn.

Dude's already walking away as the bike's still crashing...damn lucky.

Truly amazing he did not have a foot or hand injury as well..(maybe he did)...............in slow motion you can see it puts his hand down no glove and he and the bike are still moving same with the foot.

I dug in a solid mounted footpeg on my BMW back in 1978. Huge road rash with a dismount at 55mph. No helmet, tshirt and cutoffs.

I was quite surprised to find my toe dragging a couple days ago - I didn't think I was riding that aggressively. I must say, I find folding footpegs very comforting.

Back