• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

test ride a nc700x today

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
out down the down booking our hols etc.
called into the bike shop and showed my wife the bike ..more interested in the 'S' model.
also had another look at the 'X' but a closer look and study the over all look.
and for some reason since only having a quick glance at them before ....I've taken a shine to it!!
the sales person came up (whom I know) said that they have a demo and would I like to test ride it.
it was a dct model oh great said I. so we came back in the afternoon after din din.
full clobber on and of we went.must admit I wasn't sure if I like it.
but once sat on it with my wife on to.
I felt very comfortable ,no out stretch arms or leaning forward.
legs were absolutely spot on, felt well planted.
it may come as a surprise but this is the 1st bike since the old days of sit up and beg style bike that I felt at home.
none of this me getting use to it malarkey.
rode it for about 25 miles and this is I found.
'A'.. comfort to me the best!
'B' ease of use.
'C' all the power that I need riding two up.
the model that I had ,had a ABS brakes and of course DCT.
during the ride I had it in 'D' mode which was good...pulling away etc.
on the way back I put it in sport mode and what a transformation in pulling power,it felt a different bike altogether.
well put it this it pulled just as good as my current bike(ER6).
the only thing that I wasn't sure was in 'D' mode cruising along it felt a little rough,it seems that it was fighting itself in the clutch/gear box.
probably not sure what gear it wanted to be in I think.
does any one else experience this?
this wouldn't put me off though.
I'll wait till april then they will have a geared demo and then I will decide which to go for.
so far I've got to say that I'm impressed (and that is a little understatement) with the overall ride .
now I can see why its so popular.
as far as I'm concerned Honda has got this one right.

now the bad bit not me but the wife...
she doesn't like the grab handles she can't get her hand in to grip properly..
she has arthritis in both wrist so her hands aren't as flexible as the use to be.
so what I'll have to do is make a small back rest with handles that she can get her hands around.
so it looks like I'm heading in the direction of the NCX and most likely the DCT model.

The DCT in D mode is all about gas mileage, so it tends to be a gear or two higher then what we would think it should be in. S mode should be better about that?

Glad you liked it... or I think you liked it. My "her majesty English" to " 'merica English" is a bit fuzzy sometimes lol.

Back