• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Things I can't complain about on my NC (AKA........ things I love)

It's a Honda! You meet the nicest people, on a Honda, but the thing is, it's often true. Pretty much every time I park the bike somewhere people come by and compliment me on the bike (often other bike riders). Does that matter? No, but it's nice all the same.

Otherwise, it's a great bike! Sure there are a few little niggles, but a visit or two to other marque forums will disabuse you of any notion that there's such a thing as a perfect bike. The overall mix of value, tractability, practicality, and just fun to ride far out weigh the few niggles, the biggest of which (the seat) are pretty minor.

And yes, I also don't want to be hanging out in a thread dedicated to grievances about a bike that I like a lot. I get it that a lot of comments in that thread may be tongue in cheek, but I'm more interested in hearing about solutions to issues and ways to improve a great bike than a laundry list of its shortcomings.

Last edited:
Surely it is good to have a balance of what people like and dislike about. Any forum consisting of the model XYZ is the greatest thing since sliced bread would soon becomeing boring. When I'm considering a new bike I like to check out the forum for that model and read all the + & - points to help in my decision making

Surely it is good to have a balance of what people like and dislike about. Any forum consisting of the model XYZ is the greatest thing since sliced bread would soon becomeing boring. When I'm considering a new bike I like to check out the forum for that model and read all the + & - points to help in my decision making

well that is what I did Dick before I bought mine.

A NC700x is like a bowl of grits - it tastes like whatever you put on it, and you can make it whatever you want, but in plain form it is a bit bland.

(BTW: Not dissing it. I am a big fan of grits for the same reasons - you can farkle them)

I grew up in the south and I miss them grits. Hard to explain them to Yankees.

Agree...over all it's a great bike and after having been off 2 wheels for several years it's a confidense boost in handling. economical and easier to work on than my previous rides.

My complaint about cutting for OEM bags was rather minor....and easily solved by aftermarket accesories :)

J

it got two wheels(well it did last time I looked) dats eeenuf for me

oops the dot is here folks
. <---------<<<<

I did not buy the GS because I did not want to "follow the sheep".
I still get heads turning to look at "What have you got there"...whenever I go near some biker stops in the mountains.
When I open the Frunk....it is widening their smiles...
:p

I love the bike. It has met or exceeded all of my expectations. The frunk is awesome. I use it all the time. The power is perfect for the vast majority of my riding. The instant torque is great for commuting and riding around town. In the mountains it was great for all of the tight twisties and general sight seeing. Speaking of twisties the bike was easy for me to flick from corner to corner and could have gone faster than my comfort level. On the 2 lanes I had no problems passing. Drop down a couple of gears I was running 75 by the time I was at the front of the car I was passing. Mild off-roading has worked better than expected even with the stock tires. Here again the low RPM torque was great for motoring up hills. With appropriate tires and a skid plate I think it will be great for mild to medium off-road. Beyond that you would want to step up to more dedicated off-road bike. Ergonomics wise most bikes are built for average size and being outside of average I knew I would need to customize it for my size. As for the gas tank under the seat, it wasn’t a big deal on my trip with the gear bag on the pillion seat. Undo the front straps and hold the seat up with 1 hand. Reminded me of filling up 60-70s cars with the gas cap behind the license plate. I think ours were the most looked at bike at Deal’s Gap. Every time we stopped people were coming over to look at and talk about it. Finally as Beemer has said, is has been a great blank slate to build on to my liking.

The only thing I really miss is the frunk as it was so conveniant when buying my milk and paper on the way to work

now Rocker you said you traded it for a more purposeful bike ..weather protection and 3 frigging luggage box's and your missing the frunk.
ooo we're gonna fall for that one aren't we boys:p

this what you said on the spit..cough ..other forum......
However whatever it is you will not convince me that the Deauville is not a better bike than the NC for my needs

Last edited:
now Rocker you said you traded it for a more purposeful bike ..weather protection and 3 frigging luggage box's and your missing the frunk.

It's quite often that case with some folks.

We say (write) what suits us and we friggin forget what we previously wrote.
But then we can always say, "I changed my mind" or "the situation evolved".
I can be Minista also, you know.
LoL....now I wait for the shitload dump....(the usual serving please).

this what you said on the spit..cough ..other forum......
However whatever it is you will not convince me that the Deauville is not a better bike than the NC for my needs

Where I found the frunk so useful was with the top box being full of work gear it was so easy to just throw the paper and milk in the frunk rather than having to unlock the panniers. Still wouldn't swap back though

It's quite often that case with some folks.

We say (write) what suits us and we friggin forget what we previously wrote.
But then we can always say, "I changed my mind" or "the situation evolved".
I can be Minista also, you know.
LoL....now I wait for the shitload dump....(the usual serving please).

See explanation in my reply to Johnakay. Just because I miss one aspect of a bike doesn't mean I don't prefer all the plus points of another. So I haven't forgot what I wrote (not that senile yet) or changed my mind

(((So I haven't forgot what I wrote (not that senile yet) or changed my mind)))

Bollocks forgotten already:p

Rocker you cause trouble wherever you go!!!!!

I just tell things as I see them. If people have a problem with that then it's their problem not mine. Unlike some people I don't believe in posting what I think people want to hear just to make myself popular
I have 1422 "likes" on this forum so I can't be upsetting that many people

Last edited:
Back