• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

upper wind deflectors

searsboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Put the upper wind deflectors on today. Not sure if they actually do anything, but is a cheap farkle if nothing else! :cool:

wind deflector 2.jpgwind deflector 1.jpg

I have had a pair for almost two years and still have not installed them. You have motivated me to get off my butt. I may try to install them this weekend.

Cool! Glad to be of service...lol

The install is ez and took about 15 minutes. Half of that time was spent converting metric to standard! I put these on my first NC in the winter. Didn't really have the temps needed for proper adhesive, so the hair dryer was put to use. This time the warm weather will help the bond.

I don't know whether they work or not, but I think they look cool anyway, lol

Unbiased opinion btw, as I don't have them on my bike.

Funny you should post this today..... I too have H&B crash bars and was eyeing it up for some sort of wind deflector on them for leg wind protection. Those factory Honda upper wind deflectors do look good though !!!

Funny you should post this today..... I too have H&B crash bars and was eyeing it up for some sort of wind deflector on them for leg wind protection. Those factory Honda upper wind deflectors do look good though !!!

I put them on mainly because of their looks, but in theory they should work too. The deflectors pick up where the body panel leaves off and look like it will deflect air outside my legs. I'd have the lowers too, but they don't work when the cowl is removed for a skidplate.

I installed the Honda lower wind deflectors last Winter. Easy installation. And they really do reduce the wind flow over your feet. A noticeable improvement in foot warmth.

I put them on mainly because of their looks, but in theory they should work too. The deflectors pick up where the body panel leaves off and look like it will deflect air outside my legs. I'd have the lowers too, but they don't work when the cowl is removed for a skidplate.

Yeah I too have a skidplate and noticed that the lowers won't work !!! I thought maybe a 3" piece of hard plastic, hose clamped/zip tied to the crashbar just might deflect wind past my legs !! I don't want it to look too "farmer fixed" though !! LOL

Yeah I too have a skidplate and noticed that the lowers won't work !!! I thought maybe a 3" piece of hard plastic, hose clamped/zip tied to the crashbar just might deflect wind past my legs !! I don't want it to look too "farmer fixed" though !! LOL

"farmer fixed"...I like that adjective!

On my ride today I was feeling where the wind was hitting my lower body...much like you'd do with a windshield and helmet situation. The upper deflectors were directing the wind completely off my upper legs. I was only catching wind on my feet and up to just above my ankles. Bottom line...$70 well spent! :cool:

I purchased these for my 2016 NC700XD and they do not fit. Seems they changed the bodywork in 2016. Anyway, if somebody wants them, let me know $30 takes them.

Back