• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What do you do to be more "visible"?

Here are a few conclusions summarized from the Hurt Report:

#1. In the multiple vehicle accidents, the driver of the other vehicle violated the motorcycle right-of-way and caused the accident in two-thirds of those accidents.

2.Intersections are the most likely place for the motorcycle accident, with the other vehicle violating the motorcycle right-of-way, and often violating traffic controls.

3.The view of the motorcycle or the other vehicle involved in the accident is limited by glare or obstructed by other vehicles in almost half of the multiple vehicle accidents.

4.. Conspicuity of the motorcycle is a critical factor in the multiple vehicle accidents, and accident involvement is significantly reduced by the use of motorcycle headlamps (on in daylight) and the wearing of high visibility yellow, orange or bright red jackets.

Here is a website which has summarized many points from the study; the above are just 4 of the more salient ones I chose to put in this post. VFR Safety Info

Ride Safe

On my daily commute which is often in the dark I notice that I tend to be cut up less when wearing Hi Viz and reflective clothing than when I don't. of course I don't rely on this to protect me but anything that gives me an edge is fine by me

I often ride before the sun is up. Like this morning for example. COLD, DARK and less traffic. I do have aux LED lights made by denali. Dual intensity (high or low) 99% of the time its on low. The high intensity is wired to HIGH BEAM SWITCH on the handle bars. I wear hi-vis vest (Macna Vision 4 All Night Eye Hi VIS) and an arai xd4 in hi-vis. My tire rims has reflective red tape. Also my givi top box has LED running/stop lights. Removed stock horn and put a extra loud nautilus horn on.

So far so good. I like to keep it that way.
Ken

Back