• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What else would you ride?

celtsguy81

Reaction score
Visit site
This has probably been done before. Just wondering what else everyone here would consider riding other than the NC700X if you were going out to buy a new bike today. Why?

I assume most people here ride the NC, but if you have another bike you enjoy more what is it and why?

I have GL1800, NC700X, Ruckus (2), Reflex 250 (for wife), Kawi trail bike. The NC is a very fine nimble machine. Since I don't commute it is used for solo pleasure rides and long trips. If I had to choose one bike it would be the GL1800. It can do it all: short rides, long rides, lot of storage, very passenger friendly, ergos fit me perfectly, can tow trailer, awesome weather protection, low maintenance shaft drive, etc.

Last edited:
How do you like the Reflex? it seems they came out with that right after I traded my PCX150 for the NC. I did not like the S-Wing and the PCX was under powered for the highway but I would have test drove the Reflex had it been available.

How do you like the Reflex? it seems they came out with that right after I traded my PCX150 for the NC. I did not like the S-Wing and the PCX was under powered for the highway but I would have test drove the Reflex had it been available.
The Reflex is a 250 scooter that was sold from about 2001 thru maybe 2008. It was supposed to be the update for the Helix. The Forza 300 has now just come out and it is basically the new Reflex. My wife is inseam challenged and the Reflex is great for her. It is probably the largest machine she will be able to ride. The Reflex is the keeper, since we looked at the Forza and found it to be a little heavier and had a taller seat height.

The Reflex is peppy. Top speed is indicated as mid to upper 70's. Ours averages over 70 MPG. Range is about 200 miles. The ride is stiff like scooters are, due to short travel and small wheels. The Forza was even more powerful. It would run 80 for sure.

Last edited:
I went on a ride a few days ago that had around 30-40 miles of rough gravel roads and very steep hills in the mix. I hit some ruts that were at least 8'' deep in a couple of parts.
After taking some hard hits on my HBP skid plate (Thanks Dale) I was wishing for a few more inches of ground clearance.
I soon realized I need a set of good dirt pegs on this ride.

I may add a DR650 to the family in the future. The reason I think I will go with the DR is I can pick a used one up cheap.
Then if needed, add a 790 big bore kit and set it up for my needs.
If a set of wheels ever comes up at a reasonable price, I will have a set of off road tires for my NCX. The PR4's did a pretty good job on the dry stuff for a street tire.

I only have the NCX. If I was told I could have any additional bike for no-charge, I'd strongly consider a Triumph Thunderbird Commander, because they're COMFORTABLE. I'd also strongly consider one of their triples; whether a Daytona or Street Triple I do not know.

I try not to think about this to be honest. Why? I made the choice to move to this bike from something much different. And I miss it a bit. I made the decision so I don't look back or allow myself to dream. When it is time to change I will. For now I'm happy.

If I could afford a second bike it'd probably be something like this for green laning.

1_1535_zpsa57306d6.jpg

If I could afford a 3rd bike (yeah right) I'd go for one of these, in fact I was in two minds to get one of these before I opted for the NCX.

17_10_zps26118ca4.jpg

I would like a single as I now prefer lightweight machines to heavyweight cumbersome bikes.
Something bespoke such as a Borile B500cr, but they're a bit expensive so I probably never will own one.

Last edited:
I have a strange hankering to try one of these:

2014-Honda-CBR650F-03.jpg

Maybe after seeing if the higher bars from the naked F model could be persuaded to swap over, for more comfort and old guy back, lol :eek:

I almost bought a zero S model. I really would love a quiet electric motorcycle but the range needs to double before it will work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the exposed header pipes on the CB-F model myself.

Agreed, but I personally cannot abide the squashed trapezoid headlight, and generic boomarang-like side radiator plastic "wings" on seemingly every single last modern naked bike made, these days! :retch: lol

Different strokes. I like the way the CB-F looks, I even prefer it to the FZ. But I also like things that are a bit different, and there are too many straight 4s out there, so the triple appeals to me in that way.

Back