• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What made you decide to buy your NC?

MotoZen

Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious about why you chose your NC?

I have seen only 2 others where I live. I talked to the owners and it was a cc decision & insurance rates and a more manageable bike for 1 rider who was new and the other was a commuter.

Me - I just liked the style and fit. The frunk has made me like it even more.

- low center of gravity
- engine with torque at low revs
- frank
- mpg
- price
- made in Japan
- style

Tired of hefting the weight of my 1000+ cc bikes as I got older. Wanted something lighter and a friend was selling his 2012 manual NC700X at a price I couldn't pass up.

It "fit" ... First bike that I threw my leg over and felt just right, looked at everything else and came right back to the NC .

Hydro

Started seeing $4 -$5 a gallon gas on some of the rides last year, my trade-in bike was 12 years old and even after modifications could only get ~ 55 mpg. ( I'm cheap at heart )
The frunk and ease of maintenance were secondary reasons.

Frunk, ergonomics, mpg, and my shadow left me stranded one night on my way home from work (an electrical gremlin we'd been chasing for a while). I'd been putting off buying a new bike for a year at that point and that was the last straw.

I bought it as a present for my wife. It was the only fully auto bike available that wasn't a scooter (she didn't want one) or a cruiser (too low for her). The VFR1200 which also comes in a DCT model was too much bike for her at that point although that will probably be her upgrade path when the time comes. She is manual shifting challenged.

I bought the NC because I embraced the "new concept" of functionality, user friendliness, and fuel efficiency. This is opposed to the old concept of selling bikes by way of quarter mile times and top speeds, or by trying to please insatiable moto journalists.

I got mine because it was SO much more than the Burgman 400 I was riding, and it was $2000 less than the DL650 I was looking at.
Also, I came to this site and spent a weekend going over everything I could in a weekend. That cinched it!
This is a great bike and I'm sure I'll miss it (the mpg anyway) when it's gone.

Hey MotoZen, I see you are "west coast of Canada" so not far from me. Did you consider the NC 750? If so, what factors other than price drew you to the 700S?
Thanks!

Chilli - I did consider the 750, almost bought one, but there were none on the island. A friend of mine owned the 700 and it had only 4100km on the odo, so it was virtually brand new. Price was a huge factor and I liked the bike when I first saw it back in 2012. After I rode it a couple of times, I knew it was mine.

Fuel consumption. Long stroke motor. Frunk. Made in Japan.

It's a Honda. It was a good step up from my trusty CB250. I sat on one at a motorbike Expo in Melbourne a couple of years ago. Most of all, it is wonderfully practical around town and can handle highway stuff too. Found mine on EBay for a good price too.
And it's red :cool:

Honda reliability + DCT. I commute daily in New York City hence the DCT is a life-safer.

Also that it's simply a very well engineered bike and one gets a lot for the money.

Wanted a BMW GS but it was trumped by the NC's price and reliability. The low CG, frunk and MPG were big plusses for me also.

Also a huge factor was the great folks on this forum!

Back