• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What riding gear would you buy NOW if you were buying?

Aerostich doesn't sell thru dealers so you'd have to mail order it. You can return it for fit if it was not customized. chances are you business suit size is what you need. Aerostich is behind the pack in venting technology.

sigh... I have always wanted to have my own "Stitch" but I am a very warm natured and NEED lots of airflow in the warm months when riding. Perhaps when I get older and my circulation slows down I would be comfortable in one. I may have the extra $$$ then to buy one.

I'm starting to think I may need to stick with Olympia's versatile line of multi-season gear for now. I do have the first Gear Thermal (Need to get the zipper fixed on that) so I think an all season with all the liners and such, with a high degree of venting ability that is also waterproof when all the zippers are closed up is probably my best option for now.

Unless the Rukka can do all that?? I've never even heard of that brand... seems like it is a very high end setup.

sigh... I have always wanted to have my own "Stitch" but I am a very warm natured and NEED lots of airflow in the warm months when riding. Perhaps when I get older and my circulation slows down I would be comfortable in one. I may have the extra $$$ then to buy one.

I'm starting to think I may need to stick with Olympia's versatile line of multi-season gear for now. I do have the first Gear Thermal (Need to get the zipper fixed on that) so I think an all season with all the liners and such, with a high degree of venting ability that is also waterproof when all the zippers are closed up is probably my best option for now.

Unless the Rukka can do all that?? I've never even heard of that brand... seems like it is a very high end setup.

You can buy an Olympia Odyssey for warm weather (though not waterproof) and an Aerostich for everything else combined for about half of what a Rukka suit costs. As far as trying it on, I have been to their factory store in Duluth, Minnesota and it makes a great ride. So, saddle up the NC and head north for Lake Erie.

You can buy an Olympia Odyssey for warm weather (though not waterproof) and an Aerostich for everything else combined for about half of what a Rukka suit costs. As far as trying it on, I have been to their factory store in Duluth, Minnesota and it makes a great ride. So, saddle up the NC and head north for Lake Erie.

I LIKE the way you think! Great excuse for a nice ride! I just might do that!

Duluth is a great town that is the start of the North Shore of Lake Superior. The North Shore is a must see summer destination and so is riding around the whole lake. It's simply beautiful.

The folks at Aerostich are great. Number one customer service. I often buy items from them I can find for less elsewhere because I like them that much. You can get fitted for whatever you want there in the store, pay no sales tax on clothing in MN and they will ship your old gear home for free. Can't beat it.
Mike

My BLACK Darien jacket has armpit vents,back vent and I leave the cuffs unzipped.Has been comfy up to 90 degrees while moving..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently wearing a now discontinued Fieldsheer Highland II one-piece suit, sorta a copy of an Aerostich Roadcrafter. I also have a Firstgear Kilimanjaro Air Jacket (wouldn't mind buying the normal non-air version either) with FG HT Overpants that I wear sometimes. If I was buying a new suit, it'd be a one-piece Roadcrafter, no doubt. As for sizing - they're pretty good with sizing after filling out a form, sending it to them, and then they'll respond with a suggested size and options. As for trying them on, they've had a few demonstration places throughout the country here lately, one was in San Francisco and another was in Washington state if I remember right. The stores were only temporary locations, a week or two, so you could try them on and buy there. I guess they were trying a new store idea out.
Tony

I struggle with the approach I prefer. I am almost entirely a commuter at this point. It NEVER rains here, so that isn't really an issue for me. What it is, is UNBELIEVABLY hot. That actually means I need protection _from_ the wind, but also the option for high-volume airflow.

I prefer a super-quick, super-easy suit, so I presently have a Teiz 1-piece. However, I want something that keeps the armor where it's supposed to be, which implies a non-loose fit. I prefer Forcefield armor, so I have their armored shorts and pants. Unfortunately, I really prefer leather for protection. I mentioned the need for both air flow AND protection from the powder wind. These things don't go together that well. Putting on the Forcefield armor adds time and forces me to take a complete change of clothes to work. That's not an issue in and of itself, but the time and hassle are sub-optimum.

So, buying today? I'm not certain. For outstanding performance without a mortgage, I like Komodogear leather. It's cut for sport bikes, though, and for slightly shorter folks. I like my Teiz suit alright, but a surprising amount of air comes through the Cordura. That's great in warm weather, but bad in cold and hot weather. I have some Spidi goods (pants, gloves, boots) which are nice if their Euro cut fits you well, but they have not been particularly durable items for me, despite the high price tag. I tell myself that 'next time' I'll get a durable non-perforated leather jacket with excellent but controllable ventilation. Pants are a bit trickier, partly because it seems like nobody makes their zippers to work with competitors' clothing, and none of the shoe repair places near my house will stitch a zipper half into a leather jacket or pants...

I replaced my 19 year old one piece Roadcrafter with a new one piece Roadcrafter because of two attributes:

1) The "ability" to wear the jacket without the pants means that you might have chosen NOT to wear the pants the day that you crash
2) Nothing is easier / faster to put on and off and the one piece Roadcrafter.

To the issue of comfort when stopped, since I can get in and out of it in seven seconds, I find it easy enough just to completely remove it at stops. For shorter stops, I just unzip the long sipper and walk about with it hanging open.

BTW, my old Roadcrafter survived a 55 mph lowside get-off on my Honda ST1100 with little damage to it (a scuffed left knee pad). All I suffered was a sprained left wrist that was attributable to my poor dismount technique and not to the suit. If I had not had the Aerostich lower protection, I am sure I would have destroyed my knee that day. It was a short leisurely afternoon ride near my home in upstate New York.

Do you have any thoughts on the "light" version? I mostly commute within the city (Los Angeles) but would love to go on a road trip to Vegas with my motorcycle this summer as well. Was wondering if a one piece suit may be a good option for me in the summer so that I can wear shorts and a shirt underneath while riding my motorcycle. Currently I have to put. On jeans and a motorcycle jacket every time I go for a ride.

Any thoughts? The nc700x is my first motorcylce so I'm figuring all of this out.

Do you have any thoughts on the "light" version? I mostly commute within the city (Los Angeles) but would love to go on a road trip to Vegas with my motorcycle this summer as well. Was wondering if a one piece suit may be a good option for me in the summer so that I can wear shorts and a shirt underneath while riding my motorcycle. Currently I have to put. On jeans and a motorcycle jacket every time I go for a ride.

Any thoughts? The nc700x is my first motorcylce so I'm figuring all of this out.

I have no experience with the light version. In hot weather I have worn compression shorts and top under the regular 'stich. I have an evaporative vest for really hot weather. I rode the Grand Desert north of Vegas in a full Aerostich with an evaporative vest and I filled my pockets with ice at the gas stops.

You do what you gotta do.

I rode thru the Nevada desert about 30 years ago.And at EVERY gas station we took off our helmets,turned them upside down and filled them with ice water and put them back on and took off as fast as we could!!.
You do what you gotta do ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone recommend the Falco Minxs boot,,I love the brown leather and the butch off road style,yet be able to actually walk in them. and here in UK are cheap...

I am looking to buy a Alpinstars Cape Town jacket in Hi-Viz.
I was searching for a mesh jacket, with liner, in a 3/4 length jacket, and the Cape Town seems to fit all those criteria.
To me, a 'Swiss Army Knife' of jackets would be best. Do everything very well, but nothing perfect. A 'Jack-of-all-trades' jacket if you know what I mean

Last edited:
I am looking to buy a Alpinstars Cape Town jacket in Hi-Viz.
I was searching for a mesh jacket, with liner, in a 3/4 length jacket, and the Cape Town seems to fit all those criteria.
To me, a 'Swiss Army Knife' of jackets would be best. Do everything very well, but nothing perfect. A 'Jack-of-all-trades' jacket if you know what I mean

I worked with a guy that had a swiss army knife type. IIRC It was a Joe Rocket Alter Ego. I've never tried one myself, but he really liked his. At any rate I think they still make them. If you google joe rocket alter ego, or just joe rocket you should be able to get some info on them.

Bob

Back