• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What riding gear would you buy NOW if you were buying?

I'm starting to wear the Tourmaster "Centurion" full body suit as if it were everyday wear. I like the protected, "ready for the worst", feeling it gives, and I live where summer's are 90 deg. F.

How do you like this suit? How well does it vent? It seems to be rated really well.. but mixed reviews on the air flow on warm days. I'm in the market for a one piece and this is probably the best rated so far..... but I am really hesitant about getting something that doesn't vent really well as I can't stand being hot while riding. What are your opinions on it so far?

Got myself a white&black alpinestars carver overall last week:
acarnc3.jpg

Perforation at several patches. Comfortable fit. Pretty good protection against sliding wear in case of accident when riding paved roads.

I just recieved my Firstgear Kathmandu Jacket & Overpants last night. First suit of this type I have owned. Just pulling it out of the box I can tell it will be better suited for the winter months unless I take all the liners out. I bought it for winter because I plan to ride the NC for the majority of it. I called Helmet City before making the purchase about sizing. The lady on the phone told me to order the size I would normally order which is large. That seems to have worked out for me because it is not real tight but not so loose that it will be flapping in the wind. Plus the material is so heavy duty I don't see it flappy much anyway.

I recently bought Shadow brand pants and jacket from Competition Accesories. The prices are very good and the quality is much better than you would expect for the price. Like any other product, we pay for all the advertising the well known companies do. I had never heard of Shadow, gave them a shot and was pleasantly surprised.

Motorcycle Helmets, Motorcycle Jackets, Motorcycle Gear at Competition Accessories

Leaning more and more toward the Alpinestars Andes Drystar jacket to replace my 5 year old Firstgear Kathmandu. The Hi-viz version would go with my hi-viz helmet (Wife's "recommendation")

I'm a " Aerostich " guy,I have tried ALOT of gear in the last 35 years of year round riding here in Seattle.The Stich is by far the best for me no matter the cost !!!!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had the money,,I would buy Clover jacket and pants..more often then not I,m into classic black ,,but just lately I,v had an inkling for a change.I saw the look of the Clover range and thought "thats me" ,,they are very hi tech and expensive but also very rare.Yes its clever stuff is that Clover!!!

I like the Firstgear Kilimanjaro jacket.

I have same jacket and like it but wish liner provided more winter warmth. My heated liner makes it ok. A key feature for me in non-mesh jacket is that it is waterproof without the liner. Jackets that rely on interior liner for protection from rain get real heavy and loose the layering affect for warmth when the outer portion gets wet. This one has kept me dry. I also like the EVO armour which provides protection without the bulk.

Just ordered Katmandu over pants to go with it. I will see how I like the overpants / suspender style. Waterproof and armour are same advantages as jacket.

When it gets hot I wear mesh.

All my jackets are hi-vis.

Last edited:
I already answered, last year, but since I actually just bought a piece of gear, I thought I'd mention it:
Joe Rocket Speedmaster leather pants, perforated.
Found 'em at the flea market, so figured I couldn't go too far wrong.

summet that'll fit me all my biking gear is a little on the tight side now.
so me think its time to shed some pounds...easy said than done.:(

I don't think I can get a single outfit that really works for the whole year without being too cumbersome and finicky. I've settled on two 3-season outfits. With the base jacket and liners I can get them to work for the whole year. I'm only recently returned to motorcycling after a long layoff so I haven't had a chance to test this yet and when I rode before it was in a totally different climate.

Where I am now in the SF bay area I can ride year round - high 30s/low 40s at night with rain in the winter (probably not ride on days so cold) and more often in the 50's; high 70's to low 90's in the summer with no rain and the occasional 100 or so. The lack of rain from late spring to early fall certainly makes the gear selection easier. If I had to deal with rain in the summer I certainly wouldn't be fiddling with adding layers internal to the jacket or pants - I'll use the layers but only for seasonal temperature adjustment. If I had to deal with summer rain then I would do as I did before and put a rain suit on top.

For Fall/Winter/Spring I've been using the Pilot Hi-Viz Trans.Urban Jacket and matching over pants. These have been working well for my commute (really easy to get on and off), comfortable, waterproof, good armour (though I upgraded the back from the foam and put hip armour in the pants), and not badly priced.

For Spring/Summer/Fall I just recently picked up the new Olympia Dakar jacket and the Air Glide pants. I haven't had a chance to try them out yet but they seem like they will work right. I will need to do a few armour upgrades to these as well. I like the Dakar because it is one of the few summer mesh jackets that comes in Hi-Viz and is ¾ length. Yes, I zip the jacket to the pants but with a shorter jacket and a get-off at more than residential street speeds you run the risk of the jacket pulling up and exposing skin. I also agree on the comments about why make the summer jackets in black. The Dakar I got is mostly Hi-Viz but it still has large black panels - why not make them grey at least?

Last edited:
Aerostich Roadcrafter without hesitation. Bought mine over 5 years ago and it's the best investment I've ever made in motorcycle clothing. I've ridden the bike in very heavy rain, Wind and what passes for summer here in the UK. I've had few leaks in the crotch area in VERY heavy rain, but thats because of the front zip covering flap bunching up.I'm going to send the suit back to get a RiRi stormproof main zip retrofitted (standard on new suits).
I wear a fleece underneath in VERY cold weather. May wear just shorts if we get a heatwave this summer.
I also wear hood kevlar reinforced jeans and an old Shoshoni cordura jacket as an alternative. Boots are Altberg (Richmond, Yorkshire UK) and Held Phantom gloves.

Aerostich Roadcrafter without hesitation. Bought mine over 5 years ago and it's the best investment I've ever made in motorcycle clothing. I've ridden the bike in very heavy rain, Wind and what passes for summer here in the UK. I've had few leaks in the crotch area in VERY heavy rain, but thats because of the front zip covering flap bunching up.I'm going to send the suit back to get a RiRi stormproof main zip retrofitted (standard on new suits).
I wear a fleece underneath in VERY cold weather. May wear just shorts if we get a heatwave this summer.
I also wear hood kevlar reinforced jeans and an old Shoshoni cordura jacket as an alternative. Boots are Altberg (Richmond, Yorkshire UK) and Held Phantom gloves.

Absolutely !!!
I will never own anything but a Stich Darien. !!.
I have over. 100,000 miles on my 10 year old Darien ,I wash/waterproof it once a year and ride everyday year round in Seattle and it has NEVER leaked. !!!!!.

Last edited:
Back