• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What riding gear would you buy NOW if you were buying?

Absolutely !!!
I will never own anything but a Stich Darien. !!.
I have over. 100,000 miles on my 10 year old Darien ,I wash/waterproof it once a year and ride everyday year round in Seattle and it has NEVER leaked. !!!!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have the pants and the top or just the top? How does it breath on the hottest days we get? Say around 85-90 degrees?

Just the jacket,I use first gear over pants.It's ok up to about 80 if your moving but about that it's HOT !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once my scooter sells I will be looking at getting a new Tourmaster Intake 3 jacket in hi-vis. I got an old intake jacket now in dingy white color. Time to buy a new one! I might look into buying some over pants too

Considering that I'm in the western part of WA where we get lots of rain and very little hot weather, my riding gear is mostly Aerostich products. They would be too hot in hot and humid NC due to insufficient venting (they do have some vents).

For my everyday commute, I have their Roadcrafter one piece suit. It's super easy to put on or take off and provides excellent protection from cold, rain or crashes (haven't tested that part out yet and hope to never do so).

If I'm touring or running errands, I usually wear their Darien jacket and pants. I like being able to take the jacket off and be comfortable in a restaurant without having to feel like I'm doing a strip-tease and removing my Roadcrafter suit. The Darien is actually slightly more rain proof, but does limit safety with the possibility of the jacket riding up in a slide.

If I lived where it's hot and humid, I would probably lean toward the Motoport gear to have the venting and still be prepared for the crash.

One of my riding buddies recently purchased Klim gear. He and I are the same size and I borrowed his jacket for a day. Expensive to buy but I plan on purchasing it soon! Very good gear.

I only have about 400 miles on my Firstgear Rainier jacket so far. No rain to test it yet.
The D3O armor is some pretty cool stuff! Reacts to an impact and gets rigid, -and then
relaxes after a bit of non-impact time. Makes it so you don't feel like you're wearing
(U.S.) football pads, until you take a tumble. Hopefully I never test it.

Another plus is the small, waterproof, zippered pocket on '"top" of the left forearm. Coulda used it
a few times on the Ohio turnpike and a few other toll areas to access cash quickly. Instead, I had
to dig out my wallet and hold up the folks behind me as I stuffed it back in my pants pocket.

Living less than a mile from the gulf of Mexico I need mesh, the meshiest the better, replaced the armour with Rukka air pads through out, overpants, jacket, to get more mesh, I agree why black ?, next gear will be Olympia I have their rain gear and high vis vest, like the quality for price (current gear Klim)

I've got the one piece Tourmaster Suit, very happy with it. Price is reasonable, like the way the suit is built, lots of pockets, and after getting in and out of it a couple times I find it very easy. Price is much better than most of the other suits. Awesome in the cold, -1 degree C, plenty warm with only jeans and a t shirt on underneath. It is a bit bulky but think it will slim down considerably when the cold weather liner comes out of it. I wear a water proof combat boot with it, leather gloves and a full face modular helmet. Really like the built in neck gator in the collar, it zips in and out and is actually functional.

Last edited:
Once my scooter sells I will be looking at getting a new Tourmaster Intake 3 jacket in hi-vis. I got an old intake jacket now in dingy white color. Time to buy a new one! I might look into buying some over pants too

I picked up a HiViz Intake 3 about 2 months ago (a couple weeks before they went on closeout. grrr) and have a few observations/complaints. First, the velcro is really weak, the 3/4" strip of velcro on the cuff is inadequate for the 2" width of the cuff and flaps in the wind. Additionally the .5x.5 velcro patch to hold the main zipper up is completely useless, won't stay at all. Secondly, (and this is a personal preference thing) why do manufactures think we need so many pockets. The internal pockets on the jacket end up blocking 50% of the frontal "mesh" area, reducing the effectiveness. I live in Phoenix and maximum ventilation is a major priority in a jacket. The extremely open weave of the Intake 3 is what drove me to order it. I may end up trying to remove the inner pockets if I don't think I am getting enough air flow.

On a positive note, the armor in the jacket is very nice and the build quality seems good.

After sweating all last summer with the more aggressive riding posture on NC700 compared to my old ride I'm planning on getting some summer gear. But for my winter gear I have been very happy with my Tiez Motorsports riding suit. lots of protection and vents plus a winter and water proof liner.

I definitely recommend checking them out. They are made to order and they are great about custom options and fitting.

teiz_motorsports_riding_suits_82.jpg

Back