• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Why I like my NC700 DCT

NCJim

Reaction score
Visit site
Why I like my NC700 DCT

I have owned many cycles. I still own a BMW that I prefer for my longer tour rides. I must however admit that I really like riding my DCT. I now have about 2000 miles all in my first 30 days. My BMW has about 200 miles over the same time.

I love the lighter weight and the easy drivability with the DCT. The bike is so easy to flick turn or handle at low speeds. I have also been off road and find that the DCT makes it pretty easy to drive in mud and sand. Don't jump me you true off roaders. I know the specialty bikes are much better, but the NC700 does offer some functional versatility.

The ease of service is also appreciated. Compared to my BMW service is quick and cheap.

For me, the NC700X gives me grins like my Vespa, highway performance that I want, and some back road and light off road riding that I am just starting to discover and enjoy. Plus, with the frank and case I put on I will be taking the NC700 on some longer rides - to Alaska and back is the plan.

Fall is in the air and winter will follow quickly. I am looking forward to every ride I can get now.

Accurate comments, I concur. I have a bigger, heavier, powerful bike. When I get on the 700X it feels like a pony, or perhaps a faithful happy dog full of desire to please the master. All frisky, nimble, and quick to change direction. Tail wagging fun.

For me personally, not having to think about shifting or clutching has made riding fun again. In the greater (?) Los Angeles area, with all the traffic and stop'n'go crap, it became almost a chore to ride my beautiful R1200RT beemer. Now with the DCT, riding is once again enjoyable. :)

Love, love, love my 2012 DCT. Yes, I do find myself sometimes lusting over faster, sexier, more powerful machines, but the fact is I have the best and coolest bike available for my city/commuter/fun needs. I still drive out of my way on my daily trips just to get more time in the saddle. This bike is great in parking lots and at slow speeds in traffic. It's got more than enough speed, torque and power for all my legal needs. I love the frunk and my top box which give me an incredible amount of storage. It's dependable, cheap to run and quiet. What's not to love? The only bike that might be better is the NC750x, but we don't have it over here. I find that when I start thinking about trading for a different bike, the best thing to do is read this forum and buy another mod for the NC.

Love, love, love my 2012 DCT. Yes, I do find myself sometimes lusting over faster, sexier, more powerful machines, but the fact is I have the best and coolest bike available for my city/commuter/fun needs. I still drive out of my way on my daily trips just to get more time in the saddle. This bike is great in parking lots and at slow speeds in traffic. It's got more than enough speed, torque and power for all my legal needs. I love the frunk and my top box which give me an incredible amount of storage. It's dependable, cheap to run and quiet. What's not to love? The only bike that might be better is the NC750x, but we don't have it over here. I find that when I start thinking about trading for a different bike, the best thing to do is read this forum and buy another mod for the NC.
Contentedness is a virtue. [emoji16]

Yes I love my Honda NC 700 DCT. I also have a Ducati Multistrada 1200 and BMW K1300GT. I much prefer the Honda NC for local and somewhat extended rides. The Ducati is more fun on the Cherohala Skyway and the BMW for trips out west. The Honda NC will do all of these things of course, but just needs a little more power. It will get you there and economically, but you have to be more patient and conservative in your riding style. It would almost be the perfect bike (there probably isn't one) if it had about 150cc more with similar weight and economy in my opinion. Stock bike needs a few mods like a better windshield, seat, hand guards, center stand, etc. but not too much else. Handling is great, low center of gravity, economical, easy to ride and functional bike indeed.

I also love my nc700 dct! I'm not familiar with many other bikes but the dual clutch is a big win in my book. I use all three function regularly. There are times when im commuting when I go 30 mph that I don't want the bike revving in 3rd in sport and don't want it kicking in and out of 5th in drive, so I put it in manual and cruise in 4th, which seems perfect. Haven't done much off rode except some gravel here and there, but its sure is nice while standing up to just flick a thumb or finger to switch gears. Its not a racing machine but will definitely get you places quickly with ease and still enjoy the ride.

Yes I love my Honda NC 700 DCT. I also have a Ducati Multistrada 1200 and BMW K1300GT. I much prefer the Honda NC for local and somewhat extended rides. The Ducati is more fun on the Cherohala Skyway and the BMW for trips out west. The Honda NC will do all of these things of course, but just needs a little more power. It will get you there and economically, but you have to be more patient and conservative in your riding style. It would almost be the perfect bike (there probably isn't one) if it had about 150cc more with similar weight and economy in my opinion. Stock bike needs a few mods like a better windshield, seat, hand guards, center stand, etc. but not too much else. Handling is great, low center of gravity, economical, easy to ride and functional bike indeed.

I absolutely love my NCXD, this is the best bike I've ever owned. I think it's funny that even with all of the things on the bike I have changed and the things I'm planning to change I still think this bike is the best. For me it rides like a dream.

I've been waiting over a year now hoping the 750 DCT makes it to the USA for 2015.
As soon as I know for sure it won't, I'll be springing for the 700, in Red, cash in hand.

The bean counters not offering both transmissions in a particular market is disappointing.
We got both in the 700, but I'll be more than disappointed if the 750 comes here in manual only.

Trouble moving off on an incline ; damage to all my left shoes ; frequent gear management in traffic jams ; still in 3/4/5/6 when the light turns green ; gear change jerking ... All a thing of the past with the DCT ! Love it!

I prefer D mode, and I find that light throttling is enough on D mode , as well as not having to clutch and throttle hard on gear changes, actually caused some behavior changes to me in that I've become a more mellow and forgiving rider. I don't feel rushed at all.

I love that my wife loves her DCT. Anytime she's happy it simply makes my life easier. Fortunately she's usually pretty happy. In all honesty though she was just terrible at using the clutch on her prior bike. Made her nervous, made me nervous and neither of us could enjoy riding. The DCT has removed ALL the issues she had with a manual transmission. I would like to see her use it more in S mode or even try to manually shift but she is quite content simply riding in D all the time and I don't want to push her comfort zone...too much.;)

Back