• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad Windshield

I re-used the OEM bolts which I believe are 5 mm. Dale can confirm that if you order his nut plates.

The oem windshield bolts are 5mm, the honda tall screen comes with 6mm bolts and nut plates. I had the tall and reused the bolts and nut plates from the tall to install the madstad. I wouldn't use a taller than oem shield without some sort of back plates, or nuts behind the mounts.

Just an update...I emailed Madstad to let them know what had happened to mine and to suggest that they re-examine the use of OEM fasteners to secure their windshield. No word on whether they will change the fasteners, but Mark very graciously offered to replace mine in exchange for sending back my damaged metal parts. That was very unexpected, but greatly appreciated. I am very happy with their customer support! This time around, though, I will be using metal well nuts!

Thanks,
Tom

That was very unexpected, but greatly appreciated. I am very happy with their customer support! This time around, though, I will be using metal well nuts!

There is no such animal as a metal well nut. What you need are the custom metal nut plates that HONDABIKEPRO is making.

So I got my madstad and I like it. Though reading the past few pages worries me a bit. I used the stock mounting s and it seems ok for now. However, the screen is too tall in the lowest setting. Any suggestions to drill it in order to lower it?

So I got my madstad and I like it. Though reading the past few pages worries me a bit. I used the stock mounting s and it seems ok for now. However, the screen is too tall in the lowest setting. Any suggestions to drill it in order to lower it?

I am 6'-2" and find that mine works best in the lowest position, so I expected that this would be an issue for some people, however, lowering it might affect its performance by reducing underflow. You might check with Mark about returning just the shield for an 18" shield. Otherwise, if it were mine, I would be cutting a couple of inches off the top before I would lower it further.

I redrilled mine to lower it. It works so good I think it is one of the best windshields I have ever had. If you drill it you must drill very slow I chipped mine the drill bit went through so fast on first hole. As far the mounting make sure well nuts are in all the way. The one failure took place within 15 miles of mounting it. Looking at his picture close the well nut is tighten even with the plastic piece that snap into mounting plate, the nut itself should extend beyond the mounting plate. Take a flashlight look up behind windshield mount you should be able to see wellnut. I have pushed pulled on mine till windshield was bending and I thought I mine break it. That being said the custom nut plate is a beautifully engineered item that will never fail.

I'm 5'11" and the windshield in the lowest position is just at the right height to be annoying! Just below line of sight and I may one day lower it an inch or so. On the plus side, it keeps me from slouching!

Yeah, just got the call also, told them I didn't need the kit since I upgraded from the Honda tall screen that came with the metal nuts anyway, but good to know they are going to take care of this.

Chris at Madstad called me an hour ago to confirm my address. They are sending out nut plates or some non-well nut assembly to replace the OEM well nuts to all owners!

-Oops, not first with this update I see.

Already have Dale's nut plate and Madstad hasn't shipped yet. Guess I will have both. Hats off to Madstad for being up front and dealing with possible problem. The type folks I like doing business with.

I just got my MadStad and these were included now. Unfortunately I couldn't get them to fit in the upper position, so I'm sticking with Dales.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371094082.851121.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371094096.772668.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371094107.247883.jpg

Already have Dale's nut plate and Madstad hasn't shipped yet. Guess I will have both. Hats off to Madstad for being up front and dealing with possible problem. The type folks I like doing business with.

No kidding -- what a world of difference between Madstad and CalSci who have denied there is any kind of problem using the stock well nuts....

I can definitely see a Madstad in my future once my CalSci finishes cracking....

trey

No kidding -- what a world of difference between Madstad and CalSci who have denied there is any kind of problem using the stock well nuts....

I can definitely see a Madstad in my future once my CalSci finishes cracking....

trey

One big difference between the two. If you use Dale's nut plates on the aluminum sub-plate on the Madstad, you still have breakaway bolts on the windscreen itself. If you put nut plats on a Calsci (or other oversized shield) you are defeating the breakaway feature (at your own peril).

I'm planning to install Madstad brackets, but with Cee Baileys screen

Was wondering if somebody has Honda tall screen metal bracket part number?
still not sure if, I can get that without screen, looks like it comes as part of a set

Would like to have more support for the screen
and other thing metal bracket can be used, as GPS mount

Thanks

Back