• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out n about. Stopped by Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground for the evening. Phil didn't cuss me out for being there. I went by Moonshine Creek and it was a beautiful spot, but it seemed a bit lonely for a solo motorcycle traveler. Off to the BMWRA rally in Asheville, NC today.

image.jpg

Well, it was last night but still....

I stole an hour away from the normal life and went for a rare evening ride in glorious sunshine in the UK. :cool:
GOPR5267-XL.jpg

Rode to work. Really glad I did. Had been debating all week because I had to rush through my day and go in for a test at the Naval Hospital, and they wanted me to take Valium, which apparently doesn't mix with motor vehicles, and definitely not with bikes. I'm now convinced that they peddle Valium not for the anxiety/discomfort of the test, but to keep people from strangling the fourth person who asks the same stupid question you already answered on that sheet of paper in their hands. Riding the bike turned me from a harpy on a rampage into a plain old harpy. Another 200 miles or so, and I'll be almost human again (which is as close as I ever get). Alas, dinner will not cook itself.

Rode it as much as I could... waiting for customs to releas all the stuff I've ordered to begin the farkling stage... :p

I stole an hour away from the normal life and went for a rare evening ride in glorious sunshine in the UK. :cool:
GOPR5267-XL.jpg

Great picture!
Respect!

What's the setup and how to get this while on the move?
You took the picture or the pillion?
:p

GOPR5267-XL.jpg
Syntec, your picture is awesome. Thank you for sharing it. The more I look at it the more I am in awe would love to know something about your camera and technique

Today I was headed to get groceries and had my jacket open a bit since it was so warm. Managed to catch a bee, which then proceeded to bounce down my shirt and sting me. Ouch.
Once groceries were away we did a test load of camping gear for next weekend.

Today I was headed to get groceries and had my jacket open a bit since it was so warm. Managed to catch a bee, which then proceeded to bounce down my shirt and sting me. Ouch.
Once groceries were away we did a test load of camping gear for next weekend.

That happened to me the other day on the way to work. ouch and you can't do anything until you get pulled over safely....

Thanks. :eek:

It's just taken with a GoPro HD in Timelapse mode. I imported into Lightroom and converted to B@W. That's it. It was attached to a sticky mount under the right indicator. The shutter speed is pretty slow so the motion blur is nice.

I dont like the colour photos as much, the colours are a bit off and difficult to fix even in LR or PS. The reds/oranges are a bit blown out.

GOPR5380-L.jpg

GOPR5437-L.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta get there early to get the bargains.

P1030388sm.jpg

P1030385sm.jpg

P1030386sm.jpg

Scored a couple of things. 100 percent wool. Scratchy AND Hot. Glad I didn't have to wear this for REAL.
Don't know what I would do without the frunk.

P1030389sm.jpg

Yesterday I rode up to the BMW dealer to check out the new F800GT. I won't be trading my NC on one any time soon. Then went downtownish to where the SD Maritime Museum is building a replica of Cabrillo's ship the San Salvador. Starting to look like a ship. Took the southern route back, so ended up looping all around San Diego proper. Beautiful day.

Yesterday I rode up to the BMW dealer to check out the new F800GT. I won't be trading my NC on one any time soon. Then went downtownish to where the SD Maritime Museum is building a replica of Cabrillo's ship the San Salvador. Starting to look like a ship. Took the southern route back, so ended up looping all around San Diego proper. Beautiful day.

Without pics, it didn't happen!!! lol
Would love to see pics of that ship if ya get the chance.

Three days and 300 km done... before anyone starts bragging... only he who was in this vast piece of land called Gibraltar knows what I'm trying to say here! :cool: ;) :p

Today the NC sat all alone in the carport...
Yesterday however... out the door at 4:20 a.m. to drive into Victoria and get into the line up for the Coho ferry.
6:10 a.m. US customs were cleared and the ship leaves dock with NC and I and new found bike friends.
8:00 drive off the ferry and start a three hour tour on the twisties by the ocean all the way down to Tacoma..
... 11:00 meet up with Dale (hondapro) at his store and get my new skid guard installed (fits like a glove even with my lowered bike).
Great shop! It was worth the trip to meet Dale in person!
2:00 ... (after a few short stops) head back up to the ferry ... different way this time, over big bridges, saw large drydocked (?) aircraft carriers.
4:30... back in a ferry line up...
8:00 pm... through Canadian customs
8:30... home...
WHAT A GREAT DAY!

Had an unexpected day off work, so I rode down for some salty air at Cabrillo National Monument. P1010203.jpg
Poked around the tidepools for a bit to finally test out my waterproof housing, but the tide was too high, so not much around to pose for pictures.P1010199.jpg
There's always the lighthouse, though.P1010204.jpg
The water was so calm and gorgeous, I almost wished I was sailing instead of riding today. Definitely feeling the need to get back out on the water.
Here is a shot of what the aforementioned San Salvador is going to look like when it's done.P1010212.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back