• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took her out for a nice ride in the country. Cold and very gusty though. Dressed for it and enjoyed every minute. Temps to drop over next 10 days. Just figured this might be it till spring.

Traded it in for one of these:

2013_Ninja650_blue.png

Grab on grip covers and red wheel tape... Have had the bike for only two weeks and have modified it more than my last three bikes combined. Hopefully order some luggage this week.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Put on Continental Motion tires on today..

Did it myself with 2 vintage tire irons and a floor jack and the front porch. (to break the bead)
Took over three hours........ It was worth it.. Shop wanted over $100.00 bucks to do it......... Bike rides nice and crisp again......................................
........................................................:cool:........................................................................

I went out for a nice long (and cold) ride on local county roads through the vast wheat fields in eastern Oregon.

Last edited:
Hubby and I closed on the sale of our house this weekend *happy dance*. I was off today, and decided to go for a ride to celebrate. It sounded like a lot more fun than unpacking (and behold, it was). Cue music to dance to.
Route for the day:
S22 route.JPG
S22 - Montezuma Valley Rd was the road of the day, had never ridden it, so I decided I would take advantage of the cool(ish) weather. Also wanted to hit up the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park Visitor's Center for mappage and to check conditions before Chupacabra and I get out in the dirt. On the way up I passed this little chapel, and was curious, so I stopped.
P1010385.jpgP1010383.jpg
Continuing on through the open, rolling hills, there's grass, and trees, and cows grazing, and then I crest a hill, and *boom* I'm in desert. I can see the Salton Sea.
P1010388.jpg
I know you can't really see the Salton Sea, since I took my little P&S camera, and the color isn't very good. But it's there. Aside from that, doesn't that road look fun?
A little bit farther down I come up on this boy, cleaning up leftovers from a deer vs car incident.
P1010390.jpg
He decided that a Chupacabra wasn't something he wanted to mess with and took off into the brush.
Talked to a volunteer at the visitor's center about road conditions. She didn't know anything about motorcycles - not that I was particularly surprised by that - and seemed to be suggesting mostly stuff maintained for passenger cars. It's been a long time since I went wandering out there, and I know they've had flooding which has damaged things, so we'll see. Knobbies, crash bars, and skid plate are on their way.
Grabbed some lunch and then headed back. As I was riding I was thinking that I hadn't ridden the portion of hwy 78 east of Julian, but now I remember I have...though it was either on my old bike or when this one was new...wonder if my dad remembers...ANYWAY, back through more crooked roads, to Julian, down Sunrise Highway (of course) and home long enough to throw some lube on the chain and grab a couple of Amtrak gift certificates. Had to go downtown to the train station to use them, which has delayed me getting my tickets for a month or two. But we're finally booked for a trip on the Coast Starlight up to Seattle for Thanksgiving. I almost plotted a motorcycle trip up the coast for the long weekend, but been wanting to do the train for a while and we don't know if we'll be in CA this time next year.
Made it out of downtown before traffic got too bad, stopped in to pick up my parts for the 24,000 mile service (which I hit on my way downtown), then home to be productive.

I'm seriously considering the Continental Motion for my next set of tires. I have Michelin Pilot Road 2's on now, and I'm at 12K miles with both tires still in good shape.

I'm hoping to find someone who rides, cruising/touring style, on the Motion tires. I'd like to find out how many miles they get before replacement.

I walked out to the garage, and spoke gently to my sweet 700x. I stroked her and patted her on the saddle. Then I opened the overhead door and saw 3" of snow and said s### ! I need to move to where Chestnut lives.

I took the backroads home today, trying to get as much riding in before the rain/snow that's in the forecast for this coming weekend.
NC700X_Umatilla.jpg

I'm seriously considering the Continental Motion for my next set of tires. I have Michelin Pilot Road 2's on now, and I'm at 12K miles with both tires still in good shape.

I'm hoping to find someone who rides, cruising/touring style, on the Motion tires. I'd like to find out how many miles they get before replacement.

Google them. There are a lot of reviews on them. If I don't get 15,000 on my PR3's I may go with the commanders next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back