• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting horrible (45 mpg) fuel mileage right now. Guess my NC hates 75 mph and 40 degree weather. I am totally kicking myself for trading my C14 for this bike.

Since the NC part stands for New Concept, and the impetus for this very reasoning was based on: "According to the stats, 90 per cent of all riding is done below 140kph and an engine only ever revs above 6,000rpm just 20 per cent of the time." kind of thing, unfortunately it just may be that how you like to ride could be on the ragged edge of the NC's average comfort zone.

Much like there are riders here on the forum who get way above the norm for mpg's because they tend to favour sub 55 mile an hour speeds.

It's tough for me to consistently ride below 55 mph, but conversely, I never consistently ride much above 65 mph either. I'm closer to probably always at about an even 60 mph at 3000 rpm in 6th. In town, I'm the reverse. I can't seem to get the hang of sticking at 3k and below rpm, I am usually closer to 4000 rpm in too low a gear for any kind of efficiency, mostly because I like the sound of the engine and exhaust, and a little more perkiness.

This combo of riding styles translates into my pretty average-to-lower mpg stats I'm seeing.

Best mpg yesterday was 45 mpg, worst was 36! In my bike's defense there was a nasty wind out of the northwest alllll day long. Stopping for fuel every 120-140 miles makes for a long day. I told myself yesterday that my nc would be replaced ASAP. I will wait to see how it does on my next trip and try to keep my speed a little lower and hopefully not be fighting a 20-30 mph head wind.

Best mpg yesterday was 45 mpg, worst was 36! In my bike's defense there was a nasty wind out of the northwest alllll day long. Stopping for fuel every 120-140 miles makes for a long day. I told myself yesterday that my nc would be replaced ASAP. I will wait to see how it does on my next trip and try to keep my speed a little lower and hopefully not be fighting a 20-30 mph head wind.

Ouch! Headwinds all day long sounds no fun at all.

What if your NC got 85 mpg on the return trip, though? lol That would be cool ;)

Funny thing is before I got this bike I was perfectly happy with 40 mpg. And that was the best I could ever expect to get.

Galaxy S4

Funny thing is before I got this bike I was perfectly happy with 40 mpg. And that was the best I could ever expect to get.

Galaxy S4

35-40 mpg was more than acceptable when I had 160 hp (and 6 gallon tank). 36 mpg with 50 hp.......not so much. But I was loaded down with a 52 liter Givi and saddlebags along with an REI stuff sack that had to be removed for all 9 fuel stops. I was planning on more like 4 or 5 fuel stops. Oh well, it can only get better from here. At least it better improve or I will be back on another bike with marginal economy but at least I will have [Jeremy Clarkson voice over] "powah"!

Last edited:
Today I went for a ride in the city, I wanted to take a video (GoPro) in downtown and after that I went to LAX airport to watch some planes on the hill. It was very foggy all my way to downtown and also in the airport. My helmet shield got all wet and it was impossible to see. Still it was a fun morning. Here are a couple of shots..nothing great.
photo 3.jpgDSC_3210.jpgDSC_3203.jpgDSC_3200.jpg

Just rode to school and back. And yeah the NCX doesn't like two things when it come to fuel economy. A head wind and short tips when it's cold. When I first got my bike in January the best I could get out of it was 57 mpg. On my spring break I rode down to FL and back and averaged about 50 mpg but was fighting all sorts of wind the entire time plus loaded down with camping gear. Now I average 63 mpg without even trying and 79 being my best.

I rode to meet a guy I "met" on a forum.
He bought a 2009 BMW 1200GS Adventure 2 years back, and used it to practise for the motorcycle license (not very ideal).
Til today, he has not yet gotten his license due to many reasons (mainly he had no time due to work).

Today, he gave me his GS (and he is pillion) and we went 100km around some hilly roads. (search the forum and read my conclusion).

Thursday, I will be riding my NCX on a 5-hour tour.

c6f8c386-2325-4bd3-8a89-010008d14dfa_zps8ee19b3d.jpg

Here's the link

Today I went to Black Forest with 2 friends.
It was sunny and surprisingly warm at around 20C.

[/IMG]

happy - you make me miss Europe. I was stationed in Italy for four years and took a trip up that way back in 1989. I think we originally went to the Neuschwanstein Castle and if I remember correctly the Black Forest isn't to far away. Used to do lots of skiing in Davos.

Had a cup of tea :)

Found an urban hideaway spot on the river

Tea001.jpg

Peaceful view (if not a bit foggy...)

Tea002.jpg

My Tea kit (Vargo titanium 400ml cup, Vargo titanium alcohol stove, 2oz methyl alcohol squeeze bottle, 1oz top up bottle, lighter, Murchie's No 10 Blend tea, sugar cubes, whitener powder, foil base, foil wind stop)

Tea003.jpg

Tea004.jpg

Tea005.jpg

Tea006.jpg

Wish you were here ;)

Tea007.jpg

A ride to the not so great British seaside resort of Southend but found a nice pub with good food. The skies lashed it down on the way back but had a good time all the same.

i-vCnzvrZ-L.jpg

i-bvxR53G-L.jpg

i-tL7wb8q-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back